Newbie with injured tortoise

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Hi I am new to this forum, I have a 2 year old Hermann unfortunately he got stolen out of his tortoise table :( 6 weeks a go from my dog, but after a week in vets and every 3 days trips to vets for antibiotics and bandage changes he is doing great his bandages are off and I am now allowed to continue care at home by bathing etc but still a weekly visit to vets for check ups, he has resin support on his shell to support the regrowth, he is a very lucky boy he's called Stanley and I love him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 131

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:) Hi and welcome! Sounds like a really close call for Stanley. He does look handsome in blue. Sadly, dogs have a thing for going after and chewing on tortoises. :( I am guessing there is a new lid on the tortoise table?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kele:

Welcome to the Forum!!

Here's hoping that Stanley makes a full recovery. I'm so glad you found him before he was toast! I must agree with Jacqui: Blue is Stanley's color!!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
:tort: hi he was red too but now bandages are off just a resin support daily baths and cream and weekly visits to vet. Lid is made and dog gets put to bed when go out, cannot believe my dog (boxer) could reach so high :( I will put pic of how Stanley is now it looks worse than it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 105

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kele welcome to the TFO from AZ. Sorry to hear about your tort
But you can help a lot of new
Members that will say can dogs and torts mix ? Then they say my dog
Would do that ! But even the nices dog s want to play an be friendly .

Kele7710

5 Year Member
I honestly didn't know my dog would be able to reach him in tortoise table, how wrong was I? My dog is the most loving soft dog ever but to him he thought that's a nice looking toy it moves, I'm really glad I caught him otherwise no more Stanley I don't begrudge the vet bill I'm so glad Stanley is fighting and getting better :)

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
Aww :( poor guy i hope he gets better ! Trying to send good vibes to you and Stanley :) please update us on how hes looking and feeling :)

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Yep will do :) it's been 6 weeks and the vets are extremely happy with his progress Stan is one lucky man [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[TURTLE]

dds7155

5 Year Member
Sounds like you doing a great job nursing him back , Welcome to the Forum ,,

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. While your baby looks like he's recovering well, I would like to ask you a question. Is Stanley's back leg where the injury took place, functioning normally? Does he show any signs of nerve damage in the hind leg? I hope he has a full recovery, and no memory of what happened to him!!!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Hi his leg is functioning normally it gets caught in his resin support occasionally but other than that it's fine, he has his bandage removed Thursday now I have a turbo tortoise