Newbie!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Thank you so much for the info. I love your enclosure setup! (Not to mention that kitchen table! ) I really like that you have the plants in it, as well... what kind of plants do you have in your habitat?

I use a lot of different kinds, depending upon the kind of tortoise inside. For Sulcatas I use a lot of succulents. Most succulents are edible, but stay away from Euphorbia (milky white sap) as they are toxic. You can use jade, mother-in-law's tongue, portulacaria and then there's wandering jew, any of the viola/violet species, hosta, etc.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Hi Jo & Welcome!!!
You are in the right place almost 3 years ago I joined and let me tell you that this is the best place to get amazing info. A lot of places are misleading but here I have learned so much. My little tiny sulcata "London" is a big walking rock and he is super healthy and very nice thank you to many people here. You have experience with care and that's what many people forgets when they acquire a pet. I got misinformed and got 3 sulcatas and in less than 3 months I was seeing the bullying between them. So I had to re-home my other two. I preferred losing money that feel guilty about their situation and to this day I feel good and I keep in contact with the members who kept my other torts.
Congrats in your babies! The best for you!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Jo and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, Voldetort and Shellatrix Lestrange.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun!:)