tortgrl

Hi. My daughters and I just were given two different torts this week. One is a CDT, about 3-4 years old. He is still asleep right now. The family who gave him to us got it from another family who had a lot of babies.

The other is a Russian, and the guess is he is about 9-10 years old, but not sure. The person who gave him to us got him from a pet store. He has been housed in a small aquarium this whole time...so we are busily trying to make him a better living space outside. He seems timid and not very friendly, so we hope we can change that....poor guy.

Any advice will be happily welcomed!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1394306051.084614.jpg Russian Tort named Rhino

ImageUploadedByTortForum1394306236.416794.jpg CDT currently unnamed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . That Russian tort looks like he's got a beak problem but it's easy to fix just get a piece of slate and put his food on it in about a week it will grind its oun beak down . And they both could use a soaking in some warm water

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

tortgrl

Grandpa Turtle, thanks! I will go get him a piece of slate today. And I will give him a warm soak, as well. The CDT is hibernating right now, so he will have to wait on his soak.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well if the CDT is still sleeping I gess they both have out side enclosures . And you live in Calf . How long have you had them ? If you feed the Russian everyday he will see you as the food God and he will get more agreeable .

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Maybe it's the photo but that Russian beak looks very, very long. I think a professional trim is in order :)

Congrats on the new additions. They sure are great "pets" to have around :D