Newby family here!

JamieG

Location (City and/or State)
Kent
Hello everyone.
We’re new to the forum, we have joined to help us learn more about tortoises to help us care for one. We are a family of 3, my husband Chris, 1 year old daughter Frankie and myself, Jamie.

I’ve wanted a tortoise since I was in my early teens but my parents wouldn’t allow it as we had a family dog. Over the years I’ve looked into owning a tortoise quite a lot and done a fair bit of research.

So we have joined on here so I can post our questions and hopefully get peoples honest opinions.

Thanks in advance to anyone to takes the time to respond to us.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome you will find your answers here.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Welcome! Glad you found the forum. It's the best :) what kind of tort are you getting and what kind of set up do you wanna have?

JamieG

Kent
Hello, we are hoping to get a Hermann as I’ve been reading a lot about them and they seem the most popular with newbies.

We have looked at lots of different set ups and read a lot of pros and cons on them. Some information is really conflicting so we are going to visit some places and see what’s available and what they reccomend etc.

Thank you.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome to the forum!

Please do your research here before visiting breeders. As dedicated as many of them are, plenty of them are using outdated information regarding both setup and diet. Once you get a general sense of what the more recent research/experiences show us, you’ll be in the best place to choose a breeder who has started your baby right.