Newby

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi Kate and welcome.
I used to spend a lot of time in Leyland, when my sister and her family lived there many years ago - got to know Chorley, Preston and many other areas pretty well.
What species of tort is Madge?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Kate!

Madge

Lancashire
Hi Kate and welcome.
I used to spend a lot of time in Leyland, when my sister and her family lived there many years ago - got to know Chorley, Preston and many other areas pretty well.
What species of tort is Madge?
Hi Lyn, I live in Lytham St Annes, I know Preston but not familiar with Chorley. Madge is a Herman she is 9 years old and an absolutely character

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I
Hi Lyn, I live in Lytham St Annes, I know Preston but not familiar with Chorley. Madge is a Herman she is 9 years old and an absolutely character
It is a big county!

You'll find lots of great information on this forum and you may find this up to date caresheet helpful.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Kate and welcome. I live in the uk too (Devon) and Zola is our Hermans tortoise - he will soon be 21 years old - he is very happy and healthy, and totally runs our lives!
Angie

Madge

Lancashire
Hello Kate and welcome. I live in the uk too (Devon) and Zola is our Hermans tortoise - he will soon be 21 years old - he is very happy and healthy, and totally runs our lives!
Angie
Hi Angie, thank you. what a beautiful part of the country you live. Wow Zola is 21 what kind of size is he? Oh I know Madge takes more looking after than our cat Millie, but I love it.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi Angie, thank you. what a beautiful part of the country you live. Wow Zola is 21 what kind of size is he? Oh I know Madge takes more looking after than our cat Millie, but I love it.
Hello again,Katy. I have just measured Zola,and at ground level he measures ,17cm - from the top his shell is 20cm, including the curve, and his plastron is 12cm. He hasn't really grown much for a while, and I hope he won't get any bigger, as at this size my husband Richard can carry him quite comfortably in his hand.( We take him out with us every day.) When I finally plucked up courage to make my first post - last September or October, I wrote a long description of his life, under the Introduction heading Please welcome Zola. If you are interested you might like to look at it - he has a rather odd lifestyle, but it suits him and us very well - he is very happy, I think - except when he gets cross with me and bites my ankles !!
How big is Madge ? -and where is her photo?
Angie