Newest Additions! (picture heavy)

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
While I was at my last vet appointment with my injured yearlings, I had a chance encounter with a lady who has several adult redfoots, and was looking to downsize....she asked if I would be willing take some.

Of course!!

So today, I became the proud new owner of 3 more redfoots...plastron lengths are 8", 10", and 11.5". I already have a 9.5" female.

Also, if anyone is able to help sex the bigger two, that would be fantastic!! (I think the smaller one is too young to tell, still, so I didn't take plastron pics).

The new trio:

The two biggest ones (unnamed as of yet):

The middle sized one:

The largest one:

Okay....so for the sexing....here's the biggest one:

This is the 10" one:

Thanks everyone!

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I think they are both females!!! The u shaped one for sure! But idk. I had to ask questions with one of mine as well!

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Thanks. I was kind of thinking female. I'm a little disappointed, as the lady was supposed to bring me 1 male and 2 females (not that I can complain, as they were given to me, free of cost). I realized after that she doesn't really know much about tortoises....she just has a bunch that she leaves in the yard, so I don't think she knows the difference.

The smallest one is still too young to tell the sex for sure (and the worst pyramiding)....but I adore them all. :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I agree, looks like two females to me. They are gorgeous, congratulations!

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Thank you! They seem to be enjoying the yard....they have all been busy munching on grass and weeds all afternoon! :)