Night temperature for 2 year old Sulcata

kingskettle

5 Year Member
My Sulcata was 2 in June. He has been outside all summer in his grass run where temps have reached 40 some days. Now the temps are more civilised and down to 30 during the day . What I would like to know is, what are the lowest night temperatures I can leave him outside. We have no rain. I live in southern Spain.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The heated night house should also be available to the tort during the day too for those cooler no sun days.
80F is the lowest day and night in the box. Some sulcatas will take a short walk out into colder temps but they have to have that 80F place fo go back too.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My Sulcata was 2 in June. He has been outside all summer in his grass run where temps have reached 40 some days. Now the temps are more civilised and down to 30 during the day . What I would like to know is, what are the lowest night temperatures I can leave him outside. We have no rain. I live in southern Spain.
Sulcatas come from a hot part of the planet. There is no cool season. Ground temps, where they live, average 80-85 all year long. Colder temps are not good for them, even though they can sometimes survive them for a while.