Night temps for hatchling greeks

counting

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I am seeing some conflicting information about if greek hatchlings should be maintained at 80 during nights, or if they should have an evening cool down period.

Can we discuss?

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Nighttime heat can be harmful, though in the past I never had a problem with keeping night temps at 80 degrees. It is mostly personal preference. I've seen breeders let temps cool, and others maintain 80 degrees.

Just keep in mind that too cool temps mixed with high humidity can develop illnesses such as respiratory infections.

I've kept night temps at 80 degrees for the first 6 months, then let them cool down a little more. In my house, the temp won't drop below about 75 degrees at night (because I get cold).

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
My home is generally kept at between 70-75 overnight. Is that reasonable for a temp dip?

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
My home is generally kept at between 70-75 overnight. Is that reasonable for a temp dip?
If you provide a humid hide, it would be perfect. The humid hides are kept warm and moist, so the baby would have options if it wants to be warmer or cooler.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Please read the care guide I have posted at the top of this forum. It goes into detail about how dangerous nighttime heat can be and gives some specifics.