NJ or Bucks County Red Foot

robbee

Location (City and/or State)
yardley
so my Red Foot husbandry is not going well .... my first torts are becoming a major nightmare.... I need a rescue .... have two baby torts you can have if you really know what your doing .... if your outside of Philly or in New Jersey ... I can deliver them asap .... HELP .... please message ASAP

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
so my Red Foot husbandry is not going well .... my first torts are becoming a major nightmare.... I need a rescue .... have two baby torts you can have if you really know what your doing .... if your outside of Philly or in New Jersey ... I can deliver them asap .... HELP .... please message ASAP
Please be very careful about gifting any tortoises.
Make sure that the prospective new keeper has intentions to actually keep them and has the knowledge, ability and enclosures to keep them.
This type of post usually gets the attention of members I've (we've)never seen before and their intentions are unknown.

robbee

yardley
After the post, We gave them to a pet shop that specializes in reptiles and sadly they are not doing well … been treating them for RI … hopefully better news tomorrow

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
After the post, We gave them to a pet shop that specializes in reptiles and sadly they are not doing well … been treating them for RI … hopefully better news tomorrow
It's a shame they're so far away.
Shipping is even a big ordeal for a healthy tortoise

Last edited:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Really sad, especially not knowing why they were rejected and given you a pet shop. Hope for a miracle, right? Not likely but it happens.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Really sad, especially not knowing why they were rejected and given you a pet shop. Hope for a miracle, right? Not likely but it happens.
Very few people are willing (or able) to spend a lot of money trying to get a relatively inexpensive pet healthy.
Like they're disposable.
Not enough consideration went into the initial purchase of them.
In this case, giving them away seemed like a good choice. We can only hope that they'll make it to a vet and get the treatment that they deserve. But as we keep seeing, a tortoise that is already exhibiting signs of seriously bad health is very often too sick to bring back.