No clue where to post this

outofhere

Location (City and/or State)
arkansas
I have a three year old sulcata named Micah. I have been having problems with his vet since covid started. Micah started breathing heavy again two days ago. No discharge and no watering eyes. He is still eating but he isn't himself. His vet seems to always be booked and when she has saw him she tells me he has a sinus infection and all my turtle and tortoises are acting this way it must be the weather. Not his vet anymore but the new vet can't see him until Thursday. Laugh but I have cried all day. I know to do the nursery and carrot soaks. I don't know what else to do. I'm not a rookie but not a pro either. Is there anything I am not doing besides the nursery and carrot soak?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Carrot soaks are for turtles and tortoises that aren't eating. I wouldn't be using that option.

Re-read the care sheet and double check all your conditions in his care - enclosure, lights temperatures, humidity, substrate, etc.

outofhere

arkansas
Carrot soaks are for turtles and tortoises that aren't eating. I wouldn't be using that option.

Re-read the care sheet and double check all your conditions in his care - enclosure, lights temperatures, humidity, substrate, etc.
Thank you. I was upset when I typed my previous post. Micah being himself is eating a lot , eating out of my hand and trying to take the dogs food from them. Micah not being himself is having to hand feed him while he's half out of his hide. He isn't eating much. Thursday might as well be eternity. He started wanting to stay in his water/ soaking container all the time. His enclosure has only changed in one way. I extended it 3 ft in width and length. Three seasons out of the year he's outside except nights. I have five humidity gauges and eleven temp gauges not counting the hand held. His enclosure is big. Basking 100. Cool side mid 80 warm 90 to 92. Substrate fine and coarse coco choir. Micah didn't get medication from the vet for the sinus infection and my fault was trying to believe she was right. Oh his enclosure is 8 ft long 6 ft wide and four foot high. Lower watt bulb on cool end. 100 watt Basking warm end. Additional 15 lamps with heat emitters not all on at one time unless outside temps get really cold. Humidity 50 through 60 percent. I change his substrate every three months. I soak him daily when he has to be inside and that's where he likes to go to the bathroom. I do not go to bed until I know his temps are steady. Even then I check on him through the night. I set my alarm to make sure he gets fed at the same time every morning. I secured him a home with my daughter when I pass and put it in my will. I'm going to be moving to another state and in chosing which state exotic vet care and climate were my top two priorities. I'm not trying to be rude. I don't use the carrot soak lightly. I know this isn't upper respiratory. It's Lower and I'm only trying to get him through until Thursday to see the new vet and the only other exotic. I know why i quit coming here a little over 2 years ago