No pics, cause I'm lazy but....

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I did a bunch of yard stuff over the long weekend.......it's fun now that I don't mow anymore. I can feed and grow my lawn with no thoughts of "how am I can keep it cut". It's quite a different dogma to tell you the truth. "Robots, do a body good". Anyway, Matilda is not immune from curiosity over the new sounds of lattice being replaced, drop spreaders and sprayers so she was up and about alot, especially with the fantastic weather we had. 75 sunny Sat, drizzle started Sunday, right after I finished overseeding-perfect (Thanks God) and Monday was also nice. I had given Matilda some green mellon and some blueberries but she was content to get on top of her hide and watch what she could see transpiring around her.

Yesterday I brought her some worms from the basement supply in her cup, a red cup with "Matilda's worms" marked on it...to keep daughter from....yeah, and she was uh... "distraught"LOL. Anyway, I give her one nightcrawler and she tears into it so I lay the cup with some mud and 10 nightcrawlers in it, on it's side for her to investigate later and I go inside. I come out two hours later to retrieve the cup and when I pick it up, she's still in there snacking or sleeping....I gently set her back down and locked the door behind me.

jeff

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good update Jeff. Sounds like your robot grass eater is working out well. What brand did you get? I take it that it docks itself automatically. Every now & then I would visit one of our many DOD facilities in the area and I remember watching a few of these working in an inner courtyard. Methodically nibbling the grass.

Going to be really nice again Friday & Saturday….more projects?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Okay guys, since I only have these pics from the w/e...... "I tried to protect your pride hon but the guys insisted"......this is Kerry, my sweetheart. She is a great help......mostly......LOL

THAT's my girl!

Her job was to cover the grass seed over the bare spots......she's an overachiever!

20210905_111018.png20210905_110956.png

Next weekend we'll be over at her house outside of Chestertown. I doubt I will get as "involved" as my Kerry does......God I love that woman!

Mark,

I bought 2 Robomow RS612's. 1 for the front, 1 for the rear. 1 machine easily could have done my entire yard but I would have had to rig up a gate opener and since I only paid 700 ea, for them new, it just made more sense financially to buy 2 than to spend 300 just to rig a gate to open and close on demand.

They have a perimeter wire installed front and back and I ran them at different frequencies to avoid crosstalk and both machines do an excellent job.

Funny, but the shorter I cut it, the better it does. I think it has to do with that the grass blades' resistance to bending is lower when it's shorter but a 4" blade will bow over and not always cut. When I screwed the cutting height down for overseeding, it came out like a golf green. The RS series uses 2- 11" 3-point blades. This model cuts 22" wide, not the piddly 7 or 8 " that nearly every other brand cuts using little razor blades. When one of my mowers hits a stick, it beats it to death, cuts or flattens it & doesn't break a blade.

I do not use the scheduling or app features. I have both robots registered and GPS tracked through the FREE software. I understand some of the manufacturers (Husky) charges for their app.

I send 1 or both out to mow, then check up on them in an hour or so to be sure they made it back home. Once in a while one of them will climb a planter and get stuck but I just go out and send him on his way.

They really have become a set of my fav "toys" and I've got REALLY good toys......sports car, motorcycles, full-auto 52 rnd BB gun, Virtual Reality setup......but Hose-A and Hose-B are two of my favs!

You aren't far so if you ever want to come and see, you are welcome to.

jeff

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
I did a bunch of yard stuff over the long weekend.......it's fun now that I don't mow anymore. I can feed and grow my lawn with no thoughts of "how am I can keep it cut". It's quite a different dogma to tell you the truth. "Robots, do a body good". Anyway, Matilda is not immune from curiosity over the new sounds of lattice being replaced, drop spreaders and sprayers so she was up and about alot, especially with the fantastic weather we had. 75 sunny Sat, drizzle started Sunday, right after I finished overseeding-perfect (Thanks God) and Monday was also nice. I had given Matilda some green mellon and some blueberries but she was content to get on top of her hide and watch what she could see transpiring around her.

Yesterday I brought her some worms from the basement supply in her cup, a red cup with "Matilda's worms" marked on it...to keep daughter from....yeah, and she was uh... "distraught"LOL. Anyway, I give her one nightcrawler and she tears into it so I lay the cup with some mud and 10 nightcrawlers in it, on it's side for her to investigate later and I go inside. I come out two hours later to retrieve the cup and when I pick it up, she's still in there snacking or sleeping....I gently set her back down and locked the door behind me.

jeff
Jeff it sounds like everything is going your and Matilda’s way. I just love the way you are Babying that little girl. Big hearted Jeff. And you are always funning with me about all the things I do for Max. Look who’s the big softy.
All funning aside your a great guy.
Waiting to see pics.
Gerry

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Okay guys, since I only have these pics from the w/e...... "I tried to protect your pride hon but the guys insisted"......this is Kerry, my sweetheart. She is a great help......mostly......LOL

THAT's my girl!

Her job was to cover the grass seed over the bare spots......she's an overachiever!

View attachment 332420View attachment 332421

Next weekend we'll be over at her house outside of Chestertown. I doubt I will get as "involved" as my Kerry does......God I love that woman!

Mark,

I bought 2 Robomow RS612's. 1 for the front, 1 for the rear. 1 machine easily could have done my entire yard but I would have had to rig up a gate opener and since I only paid 700 ea, for them new, it just made more sense financially to buy 2 than to spend 300 just to rig a gate to open and close on demand.

They have a perimeter wire installed front and back and I ran them at different frequencies to avoid crosstalk and both machines do an excellent job.

Funny, but the shorter I cut it, the better it does. I think it has to do with that the grass blades' resistance to bending is lower when it's shorter but a 4" blade will bow over and not always cut. When I screwed the cutting height down for overseeding, it came out like a golf green. The RS series uses 2- 11" 3-point blades. This model cuts 22" wide, not the piddly 7 or 8 " that nearly every other brand cuts using little razor blades. When one of my mowers hits a stick, it beats it to death, cuts or flattens it & doesn't break a blade.

I do not use the scheduling or app features. I have both robots registered and GPS tracked through the FREE software. I understand some of the manufacturers (Husky) charges for their app.

I send 1 or both out to mow, then check up on them in an hour or so to be sure they made it back home. Once in a while one of them will climb a planter and get stuck but I just go out and send him on his way.

They really have become a set of my fav "toys" and I've got REALLY good toys......sports car, motorcycles, full-auto 52 rnd BB gun, Virtual Reality setup......but Hose-A and Hose-B are two of my favs!

You aren't far so if you ever want to come and see, you are welcome to.

jeff
Well... the cutest picture in that mess was Kerry. She said it all.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You keep putting Kerry down, your going to be a lonely old man. Now Lol!
Gerry
I won't be 😛 unless you can magically turn into one oh my garsh I hope not 🤔🥰