Noodles1210

Location (City and/or State)
western pennsylvania
so i recently had to seperate my two leos because of the male bullying the female. we had to quickly put together an enclosure for my female. we only have one uv light and the male is using it. i take both of the torts outside everyday for about 4-6 hours unless it’s raining, is the female ok without the uv light for now? we are soon upgrading both of theyre enclosures in the next week.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If they get outside a couple times a week or more, they never need indoor UV.

It would be helpful to know where you are. "usa" is kind of vague. There are a lot of different climates in the "usa".

Noodles1210

western pennsylvania
If they get outside a couple times a week or more, they never need indoor UV.

It would be helpful to know where you are. "usa" is kind of vague. There are a lot of different climates in the "usa".
New
i live in westeren pennsylvania, so for winters we take them in and they have acces to a uv light. but summers are mostly outdoor.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
New
i live in westeren pennsylvania, so for winters we take them in and they have acces to a uv light. but summers are mostly outdoor.
You will have good UV levels in summer, but be aware that your UV levels will be lower in early spring, late fall and all winter than people who live farther South than you. Your indoor UV should have you covered. What type of bulb are you using indoors? I'd recommend the newer HO type for your situation.

Noodles1210

western pennsylvania
You will have good UV levels in summer, but be aware that your UV levels will be lower in early spring, late fall and all winter than people who live farther South than you. Your indoor UV should have you covered. What type of bulb are you using indoors? I'd recommend the newer HO type for your situation.
the bulb i currently use is a zoomed reptisun 24” 10.0 uvb light. i’m reading what it says on the bulb and it says nothing about uva which has me concerned. i’ll try and look for the box but i’m pretty sure it’s been thrown out.