NO WAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz California
Just want to point out nobodys (or barley anybody) going to put their torts up for adoption they rather put them under classified and get money.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
well, i personally like to think of adopting tortoises more than buying them. also, some folks won't be able to sell, like all desert tortoise owners...

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Adtoption is better for many tortoises.

for the following:
some may have problems
some may have a badly pyramided shell and isnt worth alot of money.
some tortoises have been in bad care adn got sick through it but their previous owners think theyre fine so they sell them not put them for adoption.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Yes I would rather adopt than buy.But normaly someone is proably going to try to sell the tort anyways even if it is sick and if that do's not work they might put it up for adoption or put it on craigs list etc.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
id rather adopt/rehome aswell. its much better...my tortoise Daisy (my large THB female) was a rehomer off a friend... she wasnt wanted and had pyramiding

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A lot of people are more concerned about finding good homes then getting money for their animals.

B

Bansh88

When I found myself with a couple too many, I gave away my Russian and my Greek. Both were rescued from poor circumstances. The Russian from Petco and the Greek from an aquarium.
I paid for them both but gladly gave them away to good homes.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
If it ever comes to it, i would rehome my tortoises.
I hope it wont ever have to happen because i love them, but id rather them go to a good home rather than a petstore or something.

sarah

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
T-P said:
Adtoption is better for many tortoises.

for the following:
some may have problems
some may have a badly pyramided shell and isnt worth alot of money.
some tortoises have been in bad care adn got sick through it but their previous owners think theyre fine so they sell them not put them for adoption.

Oh you do make me laugh taylor. Your tortoise died sorry 2 have. because you would not let anyone help you, its very sad.

sarah

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have had many tortoises rehomed to me, two came yesterday and adult male and female horsfield. If i cannot take them on i always offer them to members of my forum, and the orginal owners can choose who they would like their tortoise to go to.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Jacqui said:
A lot of people are more concerned about finding good homes then getting money for their animals.
Yes but not always.And just rember this is comeing from people that love their tortoises more than anything and would do watever they could to give them better homes.Not the people that don't properly care for them.

heatherhousefinder

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a wonderful Sulcata and just need to find him the proper situation... He is 20" long and a big, loveable friendly boy!

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Haha, sarah, i make you laugh? you make me laugh too.

Ive stated to all of you on shelledwarriors, im on the right track now.
when i had jerry and peewee, i was under the illusion of vet and parent an petstore advice, not SW or Repticzone.

So if im on the right track now?
why do YOU and everyone from SW, keep being so an so's and bringing up the bad things that are now been and gone?

Surely, all that matters is that im on the CORRECT track now. And always will be?

No, i wanted to let you all help, but im sorry to say i got a number of threats from many people off shelledwarriors saying they will take my tortoises away.

Hence, why i hate the forum, and hate all the moderators, and admins.
=]

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
easy guys
everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves to be forgiven. let's not argue

Status
Not open for further replies.