Normal?

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Is the top part of the plastron normal? Is it suppose to have two of those...gulars? (dont know if that is how you spell it or even if thats what its called)
20220416_185708.jpg20220411_084334.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's quite a bit of anti symmetry (if that's a word). The gular should have an opposite that looks like the part on the left, and the part down by the tail drifts off to the left. But these are probably just cosmetic. I doubt they'll cause any problems. Look at it this way: If she/he ever escapes or is stolen, it will be quite easy to prove it's your tortoise.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
There's quite a bit of anti symmetry (if that's a word). The gular should have an opposite that looks like the part on the left, and the part down by the tail drifts off to the left. But these are probably just cosmetic. I doubt they'll cause any problems. Look at it this way: If she/he ever escapes or is stolen, it will be quite easy to prove it's your tortoise.
Yeah. And I like tortoises that look different. Instead of them all looking all the same... and I already asked Tom about the bottem part. He said it's fine and its not a problem to worry about.