North. Cali/ North. NV wildfires emergency housing

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Napa, Ca
Where are all you located?
We have a 1 year old leopard tort and we might be seeking a sitter for a while. He has a fully mobile habitat I have set up in the last two days. We have been evacuated in Napa and are in temporary housing downtown. We will be staying with family across the country next week through?? Our house is currently under advisement, but still unharmed. So we don't know how long we will have to be gone for. Anyone in the remote area?

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
Thank you. I'm trying to work with a friend in SF on getting him housed. I'd love it if he could stay with friends, but I need to find out their weekly schedules first.

When it comes to our little Tort. All that's required is making sure his temps are warm enough, that he's fed in the AM , and that he gets a soak followed by a feeding in the afternoon.

cdw

5 Year Member
I have an enclosure for my leopard plenty of room for anyone needing to place theirs

Captain Awesome

Las Vegas Nevada USA
My heart goes out to everyone affected by the fires, kmloughran I pray that your house family is ok. I'm unable to house anyone's torts since I don't have space and frankly still learning how to care for them. But it warms my heart to see others reach out. This is a truly Awesome community of tortoise lovers. And just Awesome people. Thanks for letting me join you.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Just want to bump this for anyone who has been affected by the fires in Boulder Creek, CA.