North Texas Tortoise/Turtle Presentation UNT Campus 3/26/2015 5:00PM

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Were going to give a presentation to the university of North Texas tomorrow at 5:00 P.M on our organization of rescuing tortoises/turtles. We will also be discussing our international in-situ/ex-situ grassroot conservation programs in Bangladesh and Senegal west Africa. This is being held at the university. All can attend.

You can contact me PM. Here or text me if you need help getting there. We will be bringing some tortoises to display and interact with as well.

Address is
University of North Texas
1167 union circle denton,TX
Sage Hall room 356

Turtlepete

South Florida
Any chance of this being broadcasted on the web? I am unfortunately about 30 hours of driving away :cool:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Any chance of this being broadcasted on the web? I am unfortunately about 30 hours of driving away :cool:

How slow do you drive? ;) If you leave now, you could probably make it.

Also, video would be a good idea Kelly.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Did you take any photos or videos of this. I'm very interested in seeing how it went.
I did not have the chance actually. We got lost trying to find the auditorium so ran late getting there. It was great. Most of the students were pre-vet so I orientated the discussion towards diseases and treatments. Also talked a lot about the strict reintroduction policies for captive animals to wild scenarios and impacts if protocols aren't followed properly. They liked it a lot. Went one hour over on the time slot. Apparently another speaker was lined up for another crowd just after us.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I did not have the chance actually. We got lost trying to find the auditorium so ran late getting there. It was great. Most of the students were pre-vet so I orientated the discussion towards diseases and treatments. Also talked a lot about the strict reintroduction policies for captive animals to wild scenarios and impacts if protocols aren't followed properly. They liked it a lot. Went one hour over on the time slot. Apparently another speaker was lined up for another crowd just after us.
Ha. Sounds like you overwhelmed them with your knowledge. We don't have anything like this over here.(I don't think).