Northeastern Blizzard 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
29 inches of snow fell from 9am yesterday to around 9am this morning.

Dagny in the snow…
fbccyc.jpg

This used to be my mailbox…
2hz7dhj.jpg

We made a maze for the kids in our backyard…
1qlw69.jpg

My son in the pathway to our front door…
2i0udjk.jpg

Crazy snow animal…
125mm8y.jpg

and lastly my driveway…
ofsn4h.jpg

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
I love this kind of snowfall. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics. I only love that kind of snow when the house is clean and there's lots of good munchies in the cabinets, great things to watch on tv and the fireplace is going and your stranded inside/or at least at home:D

Oh, otherwise I hate snow:p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
wellington said:
Great pics. I only love that kind of snow when the house is clean and there's lots of good munchies in the cabinets, great things to watch on tv and the fireplace is going and your stranded inside/or at least at home:D

Oh, otherwise I hate snow:p

I so agree!! I wonder why we need the house clean. I was cleaning like crazy on Thursday!! I have oatmeal on the stove for lunch and stew in the crockpot for dinner. It's so cozy :).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If the house isn't cleaned. Then the whole time we are sitting on our butts eating and watching tv, relaxing and enjoying the snow in, we are always thinking, " I should/could be cleaning the house". Unfortunately, us women do that. I also hate coming home from a weekend or week vacation to a messy house. Even though the second you get home, it's destroyed by all the luggage, dirty clothes, etc.:D

BTW, your kids are adorable.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Wow, that is a lot of snow. We did not get that much here in NYC, but it was a large amount. Not sure of the inches.

~C

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I wanted to add some pics of a pretty cool igloo our friends made….
2lwlm49.jpg

anggvc.jpg

35m2oi9.jpg

Also, it is a good thing I stocked up for the tort's, because this is the produce section…
15yzz2t.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Makes me glad I'm in Oregon where we only get an average of 48" of rain a year! I see its nice and sunny, did you dig out a yard for the tortoises so they could be in the sunshine?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Makes me glad I'm in Oregon where we only get an average of 48" of rain a year! I see its nice and sunny, did you dig out a yard for the tortoises so they could be in the sunshine?

They were basking in their inside enclosures while we were outside. It did not get above 18 degrees and was very windy. The sun was blinding though because it was being reflected off of all the snow.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Erin, if your needing onions I know where there is an entire semi load of them sitting parked. :D I would never have dreamed of having a fire inside an igloo. :D We haven't had a snow like that in this area since I was a child. I forgot about our snowfort until I saw your pictures. :D I remember more along the lines of normally only having enough snow to build walls to have snowball fights behind.

Ohhh and snow ice cream yum yum!!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
We got 27 inches here in my CT town. I have a ringing in my ears after listening to my snow blower all day!! Looks like you guys made the best of it though!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
My favorite part of the fire in the igloo was the rock fire ring. I was thinking how hard it is to keep fire from spreading, out of control like, in an empty igloo.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Great pictures! I haven't even been outside yet to take some pictures. I think we only got a foot, nothing like you got, and I'm hoping that it's the last time we get any this year. Spent the day making chicken soup for the shovelers, (my son and grandson) There is a big mound of snow in front of the house that was supposed to be their igloo, but they gave up when they heard the chicken soup was ready.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
terryo said:
Great pictures! I haven't even been outside yet to take some pictures. I think we only got a foot, nothing like you got, and I'm hoping that it's the last time we get any this year. Spent the day making chicken soup for the shovelers, (my son and grandson) There is a big mound of snow in front of the house that was supposed to be their igloo, but they gave up when they heard the chicken soup was ready.

That is the perfect reward for shoveling. I am with you and hope this is the last snow of the season.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
EEE GADS!!!!!....I would freeze to death ! ...

Great pics ...thanks for sharing ...and KEEP WARM! :D

terryo said:

"perk"... chicken soup !!!!........ MMMM MMMM GOOD! :p

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Your making me jealous :(. I love snow....Any good ski resorts up there? Do you ever go skiing? This heavy snow-fall is wonderful for it, because they usually focus more on grooming then those annoying snow-blowers.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RedfootsRule said:
Your making me jealous :(. I love snow....Any good ski resorts up there? Do you ever go skiing? This heavy snow-fall is wonderful for it, because they usually focus more on grooming then those annoying snow-blowers.

Yes, there are a lot of places to ski around me. I do not ski personally but a lot of friends and families we know do. There is a ski club at my children's schools that starts in second grade through twelfth grade. Everyone was upset because we were having a bad year for snow and the local mountains said they were done making snow as of feb. 1st so this storm made a lot of skiers happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.