(Northwest Tortoise) Anybody have an update on these rescues?

jockma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles County
t9ESrQH.jpg
CiGrwYJ.jpg

"Both #1 and #2 came from the same place. Raised from hatchlings, 13 years old. Fed a diet of pet store tortoise food that looks like dehydrated Trix and contains 35% protein and the rest filler, fruits given, kept in extremely dry conditions on animal bedding with no traction so claws are overgrown and muscles are lagging in development. No source of uva/uvb. Heat source provided and bathed weekly. In summer, both torts would be let into the yard fairly regularly. Both have pyramiding, and are a bit rough looking! Both are in general good health, very social and curious. TLC and proper care will make all the difference!

These gals are huge! #1 is 15 pounds and #2 is 12 pounds.

#2 has an overgrown lower jaw, when I received her it was over her nose. I’m continuing to work on it. I don’t see a deformity; I believe it was just allowed to get out of hand. Will take some time to get back to normal. She’s surprisingly cooperative!"

I just love these girls so much! I don't know what it is about them but I can't stop looking at their pictures. I'm not sure how long ago they were placed but I'd love to see an update.

Posting in case an RF lover here snatched them up.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I am totallllllly resurrecting an incredibly dead thread to let you know I'm friends with the owner of NW Tortoise and I'm going to ask if she has any updates. I just picked up my new RF and YF from her a couple weeks ago. :)