Norwegian Testudo enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
They can't believe their good fortune.

Are those additional enclosure next to the one pictured, or the base for the Greenhouse?

Thanks! Yes, that's the greenhouse base. I've got to level the base and fill it up with clay soil, that may take a while :rolleyes: Luckely the weather is "greek-ish" now, so they don't need the greenhouse just yet.

EspenK

5 Year Member
The greenhouse almost finished.

Attachments

• IMAG0694.jpg
    IMAG0694.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

Pumilio

5 Year Member
Nice enclosure, but one question.

Is the tortoise really smart enough to walk in to the greenhouse to get shelter from rain and heat up?

the leopard tortoise I just got, seems to move away from heat and go inside the shell somewhere long away from heat.

EspenK

5 Year Member
Hi! Yes, they do actually go inside in the evening, and outside (most of the time) when the sun is shining. The russian female likes to sleep outside, though ;)
With you leopard, it depends on how hot it gets. Mine do also seek shelter on really hot days. Too hot or too cold; they prefer a "medium" temperature :)

EspenK

5 Year Member
My T.marginata couple seems to enjoy the enclosure, or the greenhouse at least! They came to me, after living together for 8-9 years without reproducing, from another keeper. Two days in the greenhouse, and at least HE is enjoying!

Attachments

• IMAG0865.jpg
    IMAG0865.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
EspenK said:
My T.marginata couple seems to enjoy the enclosure, or the greenhouse at least! They came to me, after living together for 8-9 years without reproducing, from another keeper. Two days in the greenhouse, and at least HE is enjoying!

Looks like they are breaking in the new enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.