Not eating and sleeping all the time

kjasmine

Location (City and/or State)
Nagpur
Hi, i have a indian star tortoise it is not eating and sleeping all the time i bathe him in lukewarm water for about 20 minutes,to avoid him hibernating but still no response help me with some remedies..ASAP

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello! I'm sorry your tortoise isn't feeling well.

We'll need a lot more info from you to try to figure out what's wrong. So lots of questions.

How old/big is he?
How long have you had him?
Could you post some pictures of him from all angles, so we see all of him?
Please post pictures of his enclosure, including his lights and heating equipment? Tell us what temperature it is under the basking bulb, the cool side of his enclosure, the ambient enclosure temp, and the nighttime temp.
What do you feed him?

I know it's a lot, but we need these answers to try to help you.
How long has he been sick?

RickyGoldsmith

5 Year Member
Uranus
Hi, i have a indian star tortoise it is not eating and sleeping all the time i bathe him in lukewarm water for about 20 minutes,to avoid him hibernating but still no response help me with some remedies..ASAP

I don't think that Stars hibernate.

RickyGoldsmith

5 Year Member
Uranus
I gave him glucose constantly for 2 days and now he is completely fine..thank you so much for your reply.
Sometimes, depending on the external environment, they can act so. In such cases, it is best to leave them alone while ensuring that they are physically safe from predators.

Also, make sure to give your tort a good, natural habitat with plenty of sun around, to bask in.