Not getting tortoise forum emails.

tortlvr

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego Ca
What type of Emails are you referring to?
I get them in my gmail account. They are mostly tortoise and chelonia related inquiries and replies. I don't have a spam account.
I've learned a lot here and enjoy the interaction from all the members around the world. Thank you for any resolution here.

tortlvr

Today is my birthday!
San Diego Ca
I'm still not sure why there was a change. What box? I've been a member amost 2 years. Where do i check the box and does the new server affect whether i get or don't get TFO ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm still not sure why there was a change. What box? I've been a member amost 2 years. Where do i check the box and does the new server affect whether i get or don't get TFO ?
I'm talking about when you very first signed up to join the Forum. There evidently was a box to tic yes or no for the newsletter.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I never heard of emails or a newsletter. I don't think that existed when I joined.

@tortlvr if you click on "new posts" in the upper left corner of the TFO home page when you open the forum, it will direct you to all the current questions and discussions.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have been getting this "news letter" for several years...daily...

Thu, Jan 20, 2:23 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Snoopy’s mom replied to a thread you are watching at Tortoise Forum.

THE NUT HOUSE

Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread THE NUT HOUSE at Tortoise Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.​

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
On a laptop if you click on your name when you're logged in and then Privacy and Preferences there are boxes to tick to personalise various settings. I don't think they've ever worked for me because none of the settings I've ticked or not ticked have ever changed, but not a big deal.

The newsletter/email option used to pop up when logging in and you had to tick 'no thanks' or 'enter email address' or just close it. This appeared just after the accept cookies pop up box. I wondered where it was but I'm glad it's gone.

Of course this may all be completely different for people using their phones.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never got news letters either or even heard there ever was one.
I do remember something about if you wanted email alerts I think way back when, but however it would be declined is what I did.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

THE NUT HOUSE

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread THE NUT HOUSE at Tortoise Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Visit Tortoise Forum
well....I'm getting them and I will guarantee you I didn't sign up for it...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
On a laptop if you click on your name when you're logged in and then Privacy and Preferences there are boxes to tick to personalise various settings. I don't think they've ever worked for me because none of the settings I've ticked or not ticked have ever changed, but not a big deal.

The newsletter/email option used to pop up when logging in and you had to tick 'no thanks' or 'enter email address' or just close it. This appeared just after the accept cookies pop up box. I wondered where it was but I'm glad it's gone.

Of course this may all be completely different for people using their phones.
Thanks, Lyn! The email notification box is there both on privacy and on preferences. I haven't looked there in a heck of a long time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

THE NUT HOUSE

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Visit Tortoise Forum
well....I'm getting them and I will guarantee you I didn't sign up for it...
Your box probably came already tic'd. Take a look at your preferences.