Not Leopards, but wanted to share

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Napa, Ca
My Fiancee and I just got back from a trip to the Seychelles, so of course we went and hung out with the indigenous Aldabra giant tortoises. And they were SO amazing, but made us miss our little Mo even more. They were so friendly (they've obviously been well acclimated to visitors) and some were really photogenic. So I just wanted to share a couple of pictures.

IMG_0491.jpg

(To give you a little perspective, I'm 6'5" tall and about 235lbs.... so yeah, that's a BIG tort, next to a big guy.)

IMG_0511.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! The trip of a lifetime.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
We just went for fun! Surely, one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
My Fiancee and I just got back from a trip to the Seychelles, so of course we went and hung out with the indigenous Aldabra giant tortoises. And they were SO amazing, but made us miss our little Mo even more. They were so friendly (they've obviously been well acclimated to visitors) and some were really photogenic. So I just wanted to share a couple of pictures.

View attachment 192330

(To give you a little perspective, I'm 6'5" tall and about 235lbs.... so yeah, that's a BIG tort, next to a big guy.)

View attachment 192331
Seychelles?!!? I'm so jealous too!!! On my list of places to visit too. How was the weather there? Nice beaches? :)

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
It was amazing! Weather was perfect and the beaches were gorgeous but unlike I'd ever experienced before. The most picturesque beaches had crazy riptides and you're not supposed to swim there. But then there were other places where you could swim with beautiful reefs that stretched for what seemed like miles. Water was like bath water. Possibly the softest/finest sand I've felt in my entire life (and I've been all over the world).

La Digue was our favorite island, since it's all walking or biking there (almost no gas powered vehicles).

Praslin was beautiful too. The whole experience was unforgettable.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
It was amazing! Weather was perfect and the beaches were gorgeous but unlike I'd ever experienced before. The most picturesque beaches had crazy riptides and you're not supposed to swim there. But then there were other places where you could swim with beautiful reefs that stretched for what seemed like miles. Water was like bath water. Possibly the softest/finest sand I've felt in my entire life (and I've been all over the world).

La Digue was our favorite island, since it's all walking or biking there (almost no gas powered vehicles).

Praslin was beautiful too. The whole experience was unforgettable.
Wow, awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember to check out La Digue. My husband and I are visiting Rapa Nui (Easter Island) for our honeymoon, and I'm excited to be able to bike my way around the island. :)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am green with envy. I think i speak for everyone when I say, "More photos!"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Now I unfriend you:mad:. For what you may ask! Not enough pictures of the torts or the island and because I want to be there:p
Really, glad you had a great time and appreciate you sharing:D