Not sure if the eye of my litle rescue baby Sulcata is ok

polalex

Location (City and/or State)
Vietnam
I've just rescued 2 baby Sulcata of 1 or 2 month old , I've kept them In a square big black plastic box with coco air soil base topped with orchid Bart, temp all day around 28 to 32 Celsius, humidity 70%+, heat light and night uv during the day, when is sunny I take them outside in a box with mix coco air + sand where I grow mix sprouts plus strawberry without the actual fruit, they've been eating a mix of Mix lettuce, butterfly pea leaves, occasionally fresh aloe Vera, no eaten spinach or kale, teaspoon of fresh salary once a week, tried to sprinkle cuddle fish bone in the food but they would avoid it so now I e bought calcium powder, waiting to arrive, soaked every day for 10 to 15 minutes in warm water, in the past few days been noticing one of them would take a bit longer to open an eye, plus would keep it shut a lot, it have started opening more, but I'm still concerned, here I'll post Fotos of both face, thank you so much in advanced, I in Vietnam dang , I haven't found a source of hay yet.

Attachments

• received_1967794456757390.jpeg
    received_1967794456757390.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5
  • received_485651153591187.jpeg
    received_485651153591187.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 4
  • received_1151566162128648.jpeg
    received_1151566162128648.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1104796920173190.jpeg
    received_1104796920173190.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221027_215644.jpg
    IMG_20221027_215644.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

polalex

Vietnam
I've just rescued 2 baby Sulcata of 1 or 2 month old , I've kept them In a square big black plastic box with coco air soil base topped with orchid Bart, temp all day around 28 to 32 Celsius, humidity 70%+, heat light and night uv during the day, when is sunny I take them outside in a box with mix coco air + sand where I grow mix sprouts plus strawberry without the actual fruit, they've been eating a mix of Mix lettuce, butterfly pea leaves, occasionally fresh aloe Vera, no eaten spinach or kale, teaspoon of fresh salary once a week, tried to sprinkle cuddle fish bone in the food but they would avoid it so now I e bought calcium powder, waiting to arrive, soaked every day for 10 to 15 minutes in warm water, in the past few days been noticing one of them would take a bit longer to open an eye, plus would keep it shut a lot, it have started opening more, but I'm still concerned, here I'll post Fotos of both face, thank you so much in advanced, I in Vietnam dang , I haven't found a source of hay yet.
60% humidity on top of the cave, in ground 70%

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, you will find members here will suggest not keeping them together. One will start bullying the other. It will be subtle at first. It will look like they are cuddling, but in reality one is opposing his dominace over the other. The dominant one will block the other in the sleep box/tunnel. So the other can't get out. Also the dominant one will block the food by sitting on it. This all makes stress for both and the non-dominant can get sick. I am sure someone will be here to give advice on the eye. I don't see anything that looks like a emergency with the eye.
Also there is no reason to look for hay at this time. They are way too young to eat hay and hay is not a good bedding or substrate.

polalex

Vietnam
Welcome, you will find members here will suggest not keeping them together. One will start bullying the other. It will be subtle at first. It will look like they are cuddling, but in reality one is opposing his dominace over the other. The dominant one will block the other in the sleep box/tunnel. So the other can't get out. Also the dominant one will block the food by sitting on it. This all makes stress for both and the non-dominant can get sick. I am sure someone will be here to give advice on the eye. I don't see anything that looks like a emergency with the eye.
Also there is no reason to look for hay at this time. They are way too young to eat hay and hay is not a good bedding or substrate.
Thank you Ray

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Let's see if we can get @Yvonne G to respond about the eyes. Iooked for the solution she suggested for me. But now I can't find it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The only thing I would change would be to set each baby up in its own enclosure, then follow Ray's advice. If the baby is not eating you can soak him in human baby food strained carrots mixed 50/50 with warm water for about a half hour daily. Be sure to keep the COVERED enclosures for both babies 80-85F degrees DAY and NIGHT.