Not sure what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

My fiancée has giving me the green light to get another tortoise! My first choice would be a male Home's but I am having no luck locating one. I am torn on my second choice. I want a redfoot and an ornate wood turtle. I have worked with redfoots before but the wood turtle would be a new species for me. So my question is does anyone out there have a male Home's they are will to part with and if not would you choose the red foot or the wood turtle?

Life is pretty good when this is my biggest concern right now lol :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
i would choose a red footed tortoise. Wood turtles are fun to keep though, but the enclosures take a little more effort, you need a lot of water. Now about a NA wood turtle if you go with turtles, or box turtles? those are all fun to keep.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I have a Central American Wood Turtle i took in. They are very curious and open to new foods!

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
I think you should wait to find a male hingeback. Since you already have a girl I assume you'd like to let them breed, and I think that'd be a great idea. There just aren't enough captive bred Home's around. Sorry I can't let you have one of mine, but I like them too much and I couldn't possibly think of a way to decide which one to give up.

S

Scooter

Ok so after some online hunting I was able to track down a male Home's! He will be here on Thursday! I am so excited!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Scooter said:
Ok so after some online hunting I was able to track down a male Home's! He will be here on Thursday! I am so excited!

Good news! I agree with chairman. Make us some more hingebacks.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
That's great news!! Can't wait to see pics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.