Noticable growth spurts (protein or calcium)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
All I've noticed growth spurts, of a degree, with my torts over and beyond their slow and steady progressions from time to time..I usually litter the pen with cuttlebone (over and beyond other calcium sources) a day or so after a high protein feeding.. but if the growth spurts are caused by the calcium I'd like to feed the protein spike a day or two after to be more efficient. I'd gamble it's due to either protein or calcium additions to the diet .. has anyone noticed one over the other? or even one without the other (but still good growth and not pyramiding)

abclements

5 Year Member
Mine always goes through growth spurts right after a protein meal. I've never varied calcium intake but I decided to do a little experiment a while back to figure this out too. For one month I fed a protein meal twice weekly and measured on a weekly basis, the the next month I only fed a protein source half way through the month and measured weekly. I notice a constant growth pattern during the month of lots of protein and a slower but still steady growth during the month of low protein. Hope this helps answer your question lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.