Nutritional value for Grape and Mulberry leaves

leopard777

5 Year Member
mulberry tree easy to grow ? any special care and which ones ?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Pretty much any of the types and pretty much everywhere they grow well.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
There are fruitless varieties, maybe they are male, that are sought after by many. They come in weeping varieties too.

turtlemanfla88

Hey i work with the native black FLA mulberry. I know we also have a red type and a white type also. I am looking for these.
Try prickly-pear cactus that is also high in calcium.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I recently planted a couple grape vine plants and I'm going today to pick up some white mulberry cutting to start me some of those and since the only type of prickly pear I had was the type with the big long thorns and well I'm real tired of digging those out my hands I just started 13 plants of prickly pear (I can't remember the correct name for it) that don't have the thorns, just the little ghord things. I turned a corner of my rep room into a grow center for everything since I'm just starting it and it's turning cold. By next spring I will have a bunch of goodies to feed my guys, I'm so excited I can't stand myself. It does feel good to know your growing and able to give them the good things they need.

Prairie Mom

I recently planted a couple grape vine plants and I'm going today to pick up some white mulberry cutting to start me some of those and since the only type of prickly pear I had was the type with the big long thorns and well I'm real tired of digging those out my hands I just started 13 plants of prickly pear (I can't remember the correct name for it) that don't have the thorns, just the little ghord things. I turned a corner of my rep room into a grow center for everything since I'm just starting it and it's turning cold. By next spring I will have a bunch of goodies to feed my guys, I'm so excited I can't stand myself. It does feel good to know your growing and able to give them the good things they need.
You're an indoor gardener after my own heart! :) Reading your post makes me giddy. I have a decent grow light set up too. I haven't ever grown cactus, but will be growing a few varieties of grass, edible flowers, and even young pumpkin and squash seedlings for my tort to eat over the long cold winter. If I get enough going, I'll offer some up on the trading goodies thread. Tortoises are the perfect pets for gardeners:D

Keith D.

Arizona
I will have plenty of mulberry trees this coming spring. Serious amounts of saplings pop up. Remind me & I will ship you some :)
Hiya, I was wondering if you have any mulberry saplings you would be willing to send me :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hiya, I was wondering if you have any mulberry saplings you would be willing to send me :)
I have a couple of people who have asked and I'm trying to get to it, been working a lot and a baby has been keeping me too busy :)