o.m.g. a positive about pet co!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
I have been watching the pet co lately in town. ( i live about 45 miles out of town) but i gotta say, things HAVE changed there for the torts!
they are still in a small tank, but, they have a nice moist sunbstrate now and its deep enough for them to actually burrow down into! I havent seen them feeding those colorful fruity pebble stuff, but actually feeding them real greens!
can it be, that the word is slowly getting out? about a year ago they had a dry orchid bark substrate and were being fed fruity pebbles .( thats what i called it any way). wouldnt it be great if others did it too? i mean its better than it was, and they are not there too long, so at least they seem a little better off while they are there.

Michiba54

5 Year Member
Florida
With big chain pet stores it really depends on who they hire.
If everyone that works there knows nothing about tortoises then the torts cant be cared for correctly.
However if the new guy says " hey, thats not right. This is how its done" you get the correct treatment.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
That's good at least their trying did you say something to them ?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My local petco puts a hiring sign up every so often, I often think about working there even part time to try and set things straight, but I couldn't upsell people stuff they wouldn't need so I probably would not last long there.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I'm not a huge advocate of the large pet stores, but have to admit that the local Petsmart routinely brings their animals to me for even the slightest problem and they have never refused treatment, no matter the cost if recommended.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
the funny thing i saw the same thing at my local petco and was very proud actually walked out w/ a smile on my face and very surprised

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
Petco/petsmart doesn't sell tortoises where I am in NJ---but I would take the time to let the "manager" know that I noticed the difference in the care the animals were given. Positive reinforcement is always the best way to to keep things "better".

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Shelly said:
Whoa. You own Kangaroos?

Yes, I do. So far, I have three that I bottle raised from babies--abandoned for one reason or the other. What incredible kids they are. Funny how kids are kids almost no matter what the species. I have to laugh when the baby roos would do some of the exact same things that my grandbabies do....i.e. making a game of trying to run (hop) past you or hopping around as fast as they can go and coming up and looking at you like, "Did you see how fast I went!!!" and doing it again and again....they are very sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.