October on the Farm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
1/2 ounce each of Gingko and Soursop with any purchase, food or otherwise, as free samples. A blog is forthcoming regarding the nutrient profile of these tree leaves. Tree leaves tend to have great C: P ratios, a high lignin* content and what I think of as interesting smells to them. I posted about the Soursop already in the food section threads.

ZooMed foods, two pounds will ship with two ounces of hibiscus added for free, four pound gets four ounces. No better deal anywhere on the ZooMed foods (ZM forest and ZM grassland) at www.KaidoloFarms.com . https://kapidolofarms.com/product-category/foods-diet-items/prepared-diets/

These special will run for orders placed in the shopping cart system of my webpage for all of October.

*Fiber, no matter how it's named or described in various documents comes in three 'types' which are to some extent situational for the animal consuming them. Fiber type one, the animals' own digestive enzymes can break it down into usable molecules and it gets absorbed. Fiber type two, the flora and fauna of the gut break it down and those breakdown products get absorbed. Fiber type three (lignin), the stuff that remains undigested and is the 'home' for the microbes (flora and fauna of the gut), so they can do their job. An interesting study done with Mazuri, which is uniform in content and particle size. The researcher added artificial fiber type three (as I'm calling them) and found out the greater the diversity of fiber type three the greater and more stable the diversity of the microbes (from fiber digestion type two). This is one (among many) reasons I prefer the ZooMed foods, the fiber diversity is much better than Mazuri. And...

I now have labels for those of you who pour the bags of stuff into canisters or bottles. Available for free with request and multiple 1/2 and/or one pound diet item selections, does NOT include CaCO3, the ZM foods or the layer crumbles. Thank @Yvonne G and Smart Enclosures Mark W.

Status
Not open for further replies.