Thank you! I’m really happy with how it turned out.
We used a material called coroplast for the top and sides- essentially like a plastic corrugated signboard, and plexiglass for the front panels. Already the humidity has bumped up, and it’s had good temperature regulation too. Chicken brooder comes tomorrow, so we’ll be replacing her ceramic heat emitter with that to hopefully give her a more even warmth at night. And we’ve added a few more plants to dapple the light in some spots.
Her shell still remains cracked and bumpy- I imagine it’s going to look that way for a while, but I’m hopeful with the reduction of high intensity heating, increased humidity, and regular coconut oil massages, her shell will grow smoother in time. It doesn’t look any worse, and she’s still acting healthy and well, so I’m hoping it’s smooth sailing from here!