Odin (sulcata) thinks spring is delicious!

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
It's still early here in MN, (getting into the mid 60's when we are lucky) so there is nothing but grass and weeds, and Odin is completely okay with that! Soon we will be gardening and there will be so much more deliciousness for his.
He has also put on a few pounds over the winter, literally. He was about 5 pounds at the end of last summer and now weighs 8.14 pounds just a month shy of his third birthday.
004.JPG 009.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 034.JPG 042.JPG 047.JPG 049.JPG 054.JPG 064.JPG 069.JPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He's looking great! 8 pounds??? Wow. Time for you to start introducing some grass hay to Mr. Odin's diet. You're gonna need it come fall. :)

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
He's looking great! 8 pounds??? Wow. Time for you to start introducing some grass hay to Mr. Odin's diet. You're gonna need it come fall. :)
I started over this past winter, I wanted to get ahead of it so he didn't decide my hands looked a little too tasty! :eek:
I dried a bunch of leaves and clippings from his summer garden and mixed them with hay and 2-4 times a week I would soak some with Mazuri and throw it over his fresh foods. He adored it!
Over the summer I am going to gradually phase out more and more of the Mazuri so hopefully by this winter he will eat it as is. And throughout the summer I will continue to dry garden greens to mix with the hay also.
At the beginning of this past winter I had an entire paper grocery bag filled with dried and shredded garden clippings (which we mixed with hay as we used it). We went through almost the whole bag, so I am aiming for 3 bags of clippings for this coming winter?

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
He is so big now! In your profile picture he looks so tiny. Keep the Odin updates coming!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I started over this past winter, I wanted to get ahead of it so he didn't decide my hands looked a little too tasty! :eek:
I dried a bunch of leaves and clippings from his summer garden and mixed them with hay and 2-4 times a week I would soak some with Mazuri and throw it over his fresh foods. He adored it!
Over the summer I am going to gradually phase out more and more of the Mazuri so hopefully by this winter he will eat it as is. And throughout the summer I will continue to dry garden greens to mix with the hay also.
At the beginning of this past winter I had an entire paper grocery bag filled with dried and shredded garden clippings (which we mixed with hay as we used it). We went through almost the whole bag, so I am aiming for 3 bags of clippings for this coming winter?

May I suggest 5 bags? :D

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
It's still early here in MN, (getting into the mid 60's when we are lucky) so there is nothing but grass and weeds, and Odin is completely okay with that! Soon we will be gardening and there will be so much more deliciousness for his.
He has also put on a few pounds over the winter, literally. He was about 5 pounds at the end of last summer and now weighs 8.14 pounds just a month shy of his third birthday.
View attachment 204370 View attachment 204371 View attachment 204372 View attachment 204373 View attachment 204374 View attachment 204375 View attachment 204376 View attachment 204377 View attachment 204378 View attachment 204379 View attachment 204380 View attachment 204381 View attachment 204382 View attachment 204383 View attachment 204384
I still can't get over how quickly he's grown! Boy, how time flies. I see you really had to dig out his enclosure opening!! He's still looking pretty cute with that baby face! ;)

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
I still can't get over how quickly he's grown! Boy, how time flies. I see you really had to dig out his enclosure opening!! He's still looking pretty cute with that baby face! ;)
In his spare (non-eating time) he is working hard to remodel his burrow, apparently that dirt goes over there. I guess we will never learn. :rolleyes:
In other news, the larger he gets the more social he gets! He is letting us regularly rub his head and touch his legs, which was next to impossible before. He also seems to enjoy a nice shell rub.
Such a spoiled tort. :tort::<3:

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Odin, the dandelion hunter!031.JPG

NOM!!!!036.JPG

*seeking*040.JPG

No tomatoes for you this year...056.JPG

*still seeking*
063.JPG

This is not enough, human 065.JPG