Oh. My. Gawd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I saw a redfoot in person for the first time (being sold at an unmentionable place). It was really lightly colored (the spots), mostly a pale orange and yellow. Anyways, I asked to hold it in my hands. Oh. My. Gawd. I. Am. In. Love. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has the most gorgeous face, and HUGE eyes. I want. DANG IT! I WAAAAAAAAANT!

Okay, let's ignore the fact that he's being sold at an unmentionable place. How much generally do these sell for? I would assume he's four inches, and not any bigger. The price tag was very high.

I think I'd sell my soul for that exact one. The face was just too perfect.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Around here the pet stores that have that size normally sell them for $200.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
ROFL you are soooooo HOOKED!!!! RF are lovely...WI is a good place for them to be too IMO. They like humidity and are simular to the care of boxies.
I had some problems last winter with high humidity in the house and had to get rid of my box turtles and most of my aquatic turtles just to prove to my husband that it wasnt my "collection" causing the mold. We later found that the shower downstairs wasnt vented and Craig takes a super HOT shower, leaving that HOT humid air only one place to go....UP. He isnt going to shower down there until the vent is fixed.
Ok, so I told you all that only to say thats why I dont have any RF....LOL

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Well now we know!

So do they all have such HUGE eyes... like a Precious Moments doll?!?! That's SOOOO cute! I never liked pictures of them, the red kinda freaks me out, but like I said this guy's red was a pale orange. I so want him.

Not gonna happen, though, unless there's some kind of miracle. Maybe if they have a 25% off sale... 'cause he was priced VERY high for my pocketbook.... $250.

It was funny 'cause the guy that helped me at the store has RF's and is trying to breed them. He said he'd have gotten this guy himself if he had more room, but he also has a boatload of beardies and geckos.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Oh and I asked him where the RF came from... safe answer, "I'm not really sure, actually". Mmmm hmmm... Anyways I asked if they'd have many of any tortoises over the winter generally, and he said the only ones they get in the winter months are from breeders, really. (makes sense.)

oh and I have to say, they always have TOO many of those turtles... african side neck or something? i don't know my turtles. it's really sad, they put so many in one aquarium. :(

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Kelly, Lately I have seen several on the east coast on CL. Maybe you can keep your eyes open and someone can ship. I think I have seen some under $200 on Kingsnake. I had been looking at them also. They are really pretty and I have seen them in the various shades.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
i'd almost be hesitant to get one sight unseen, because in general i thought i wouldn't like RF's. this guys face was too awesome. his personality was totally laid back, too. but i am hoping to see one pop up on CL around here, sometime, anyway!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Make the store an offer and see what they say.

AST-Loch

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yeah, if nobody really shows interest in it, they'll have to knock the price down a little.

Might as well give the ol' bargaining a shot :)

AST-Loch

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Turtlepimp.com is a good guy, I've heard great reviews about his shipping and overall turtle health. You can get one there for $125.00...Or two, and he pays for shipping...:p

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
cvalda said:
I saw a redfoot in person for the first time (being sold at an unmentionable place). It was really lightly colored (the spots), mostly a pale orange and yellow. Anyways, I asked to hold it in my hands. Oh. My. Gawd. I. Am. In. Love. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has the most gorgeous face, and HUGE eyes. I want. DANG IT! I WAAAAAAAAANT!

Okay, let's ignore the fact that he's being sold at an unmentionable place. How much generally do these sell for? I would assume he's four inches, and not any bigger. The price tag was very high.

I think I'd sell my soul for that exact one. The face was just too perfect.

Did it look anything like this?..

RFCalendar.jpg

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
A bit, it was older than that, tho, the coloring on the head was more of a yellowish and the legs were more orangey. That one is gorgeous!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
cvalda said:
A bit, it was older than that, tho, the coloring on the head was more of a yellowish and the legs were more orangey. That one is gorgeous!

Is this more like it Kelly?

TFT1.jpg

TFT2.jpg

Terry

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
TestudoGeek said:
Redfoot NERD said:

This must be the prettiest redfoot i've ever seen... again, wonderful colors.

TG..

This is my favorite '07 hatchling.. not only the colors on the carapace and legs.. but notice the solid colors on top of head as well as over eyes.. plus the mirror image on the nose! [ Most of the time these patterns are broken up ]

TK3.jpg

TK2.jpg

TK1.jpg

Blessed again...

Terry

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
Redfoot NERD said:
This is my favorite '07 hatchling.. not only the colors on the carapace and legs.. but notice the solid colors on top of head as well as over eyes.. plus the mirror image on the nose! [ Most of the time these patterns are broken up ]

TK3.jpg

TK2.jpg

TK1.jpg

Blessed again...

Terry

Terry, you're right: this one is absolutely perfect. wow.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
yah more like that i think, except the colors weren't uniform like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.