oh no...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh no, here it comes...

my husband is a tv addict (and as some of you may know, one of the few lucky survivors of an evil red-eared-slider-alligator-snapping-turtle-of-death attack) and his newest show features a family with a 7-10 yr old boy who keeps a yearling sulcata.... in a cricket keeper cage. they don't really show the cage on the episode i saw, the boy was carrying the sully around, but i did see it in the corner of the screen as he was putting the tortoise back in his home...

yay to rescuing some 6 inch sulcatas from cricket keeper cages in 2-3 years bc the owners had no idea how big they would get...

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I just don't understand people who don't research before they buy. It's utterly ridiculous. People spend more time researching the new tv or computer they are going to buy and less time researching the type of tortoise they'll buy because "it's so cute!". It drives me absolutely insane.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What show was that? I haven't seen it.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I agree..people should do there research before buying. But i do give credit for those who do try to find hem a GOOD home once they find out they cant handle it or have the room. All My animals a rehomes! I thank goodness I found them.

moswen

5 Year Member
i don't know, not a very good one. i predict three seasons maybe. we don't watch it anymore it sucks. sorry

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
you are right, people do spend more time investigateing a plasma t.v.. And they do get baby torts cause they are so cute.
I have to re home my Bert because we are going to alaska. not a place for a red foot. I had a neighbor boy who wanted him so bad he even sent his mom over to try and talk me into giving it to them. But after i told her the care he needed, she said no thanks. and i knew she would. I told her he needs a warm humid enviroment. Temps need to be in the 80-90 with a humidity of 70% or more. I took her into "berts room" wich is a constant sauna. It was an eye opener for her.
Luckily , bert is going to a great place with someone who already has a few of the same species and is fully aware of their needs. I think i asked him every question i could think of and have seen every pic i could find.
so even when re homeing its a great idea to re search the person they are going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.