Ointment or Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay, FL
I had my humidity up to where it needed to be...finally! But I am aware that her hide may have been too damp becasue now she has little white spots on her shell. There is only 2 but still. So I got the betadine and from what I read I am going to clean the spots for 2 days with the betadine with a toothbrush and then after the 2 days put the Nolvasan on the spots. While looking up the Nolvasan I saw there was a couple different types. So do I use the surgical scrub, the ointment or the cleansing solution?

Also the humidity is back down to 70%. Last night I put every flower pot I have in her room...not in her enclosure (pots from the porch too big, etc.) right after I watered them so I could add more moisture into the room without putting moisture into the substrate. From what I've read the humidity is supposed to be 90%?? I think I am going to try putting shower curtains over the enclosure to help. I feel like nothing I am doing is helping..

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Gilchrist Co., Florida
Hi Destiny;
All I can say is what has worked for me.
1) Humidity - It CAN fluctuate. I try to keep 80% avg., 90% would be a bit high for a constant humidity.
2) Nolvasan - Is Chlorhexidine & this is what I have the best results with. (both with the animals & wallet) Use a tooth brush with this too.

http://www.revivalanimal.com/store/...trk=gdfV2457_a_7c543_a_7c2273_a_7c27180_d_801

3) Cover - covering 3/4 or so should be enough. As I said the humidity can fluctuate.
The "Hide" is what should be kept constant. & my hatchlings & adults like 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.