OK for Russian Male to Ram Rocks?

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Just a quick question regarding the safety of my Russian. I've not noticed him ramming anything until this year, but he has been rather amorous with a particular rock in his enclosure for quite some time. Is he OK to ram this small paver in his enclosure? I'm hoping to get him some more outside time this summer where he can run around more but he's been in his roughly 25 to 30 sq ft indoor enclosure for a few years now. I know ramming is normal behavior, but I just don't want him to hurt himself since he's ramming a rock and not a female tortoise. I have pictures elsewhere on the forum but can take more for this thread if you need them. Thanks in advance.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It might be stressful for him.
I'd remove it or bury it flat with the substrate.
I've had tortoises ram plastic balls and I thought it was amusing. But on second thought it's just a classic bullying behavior. The tort thinks it's an intruder.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
It might be stressful for him.
I'd remove it or bury it flat with the substrate.
I've had tortoises ram plastic balls and I thought it was amusing. But on second thought it's just a classic bullying behavior. The tort thinks it's an intruder.
OK, I will try burying it a bit with the substrate. I was confused because the paver has been in his enclosure for quite a while now; years, actually.