OK, scary sight this morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
I went out to the enclosure this morning to find "Ollie" on his back. "Iago" was close by like standing guard or something. Iago was not making any aggressive moves towards "Ollie" so I am thinking that he was just concerned.

I got Ollie, back on his feet and checked him over. I have no idea how long he had been like that. I noticed that the area he was in has a slight incline. I am guessing he might have been moving in the dark and lost his balance per se....

Today was protein day, so he ate good. Went to the water dish and took a long drink. I think we are going to be ok, but what a scary site and sunken feeling I had as I was runnig to get to him.

This reminded me of "Cooper" or "Butters" that had toppled over.

**Sorry no pictures...I was too traumatized the first time. I did not want a re-enactment. Although he had plenty of stunt stand-ins for the shot.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yes, very scary, I am glad he is ok! I hate that feeling in your stomach! I think he should get an extra treat today! :p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
the other tort and he probably got in a scuffle and he was flipped over. they generally dont just fall over by them selves.
Does the other tort know? I have no clue. But I did see my two sulcatas scuffle one day. one got flipped. I was about to go over and help him, when the one who did the flipping gently went over and pushed the other back over upright.. then walked away.. so.....?

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Boulder has been on his back 2x. Once I think he rolled off a rock and landed upside down in his water dish, under a light! OMG, I was so freaked out!! The first time I was right there and I had only had him about a week. He hasn't done it since I rearranged things so there is less of a chance. But I think about it often and worry! So glad he is alright :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Got your blood pumping, huh? Glad it turned out okay.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Yes, my blood was pumping. After watching them later, I think Gypsy might've had something to do with it, but of course he was over on the otherside of the enclosure just chlling. They seemed to be ok for the reamainder of the day and last night they were all in their separate hides as they normally are. It was a time I was thankful for no predators.

Just a scary sight to see. I remember when the picture was posted of Boulder falling over when he was smaller. Now I know how you feel.

Thanks for everyone's concern. We are all good in Hot as Hell Georgetown TX......

Status
Not open for further replies.