Ok, so I'm nowhere close to being TheTortoisesWhisperer…I NEED HELPPPPP!!!! PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
((((((((HYPERVENTILATING)))))))))

Remember I when I said I have an AMAZING husband???, well I really do, and not too long ago he gave me a Red Foot Tortoise. He's absolutely gorgeous <---meaning the tortoise although my wonderful husband is too….ANYWAYYYYYYYYYY, I'm sure some of you also remember how crazy out of this world excited I was when a wonderful family chose me to adopt their two beautiful sulcatas right? They're here now and they're a huge part of our family……ANYWAYYYYYYYYYY I really concentrated on learning everything I could to be the best Tort mom to Carla & Carlos and so far I think I'm doing pretty good but now I need a RED FOOT TORTOISE 101 COURSE and FASTTTTTT!!!!! I was dingy enough to think they both ate the same thing and apparently they don't, so now I wonder what else about their care is different???? and yes I do know that there's a ton of literature online but you guys are the ones that are hands on so I feel more confident when I get advise from you all, so pleaseeeeeeeee HELP!!!!!!!!!! I picked up Mr. Lezama <---my Red Foot Tortoise to apologizing to him today for not knowing his diet is different from Carlos and Carla's and I think I detect in his eyes that he's anemic, I'm telling you his eyes look kind of sad and I think he's fatigued possibly lethargic and more than likely depressed all thanks to me….. soooooo PLEASEEEEE HELP and PLEASEEEEE HURRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!

((((((STILL HYPERVENTILATING)))))

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good lord. Calm down!!! :D

The diet isn't THAT different. Just less grass and more protein and fruit for the RF than the sulcatas. The RF keepers will be along shortly to give you some specifics, but if you feel that bad, go find some earthworms in the garden for Mr. Lezama to snack on... :)

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
RE: Ok, so I'm nowhere close to being TheTortoisesWhisperer…I NEED HELPPPPP!!!! PLEA

Uuuummmm Tom? earthworms? As in slimy, wiggly, wet, long critters??? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD--->>>Pleaseeeeee tell me that if I go to the local bait shop and get live earthworms my beautiful RF is capable of digging them out all by himself!!!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Awww, he'll be okay. It's not like you were feeding him ice cream and grilled cheese. And I'm sure he'll forgive you once you get him some worms... by any means necessary.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hey yeah...those are the yummies Tom meant...lol...along with the fun meal you can pick up some freeze fried crickets, shrimp and mealeorms from the pet stop...you can offer some spring mix topped with the bug seasoning and they will love it...you can also offer boiled eggs...clean cooke unseasoned chicken...and they love red organic grapes, cantelope, watermelon, strawberries and the once in awhile banana treat...they are do eat alot of the same greens as the sulcata do but they can have some (25% or so of their total diet) fruits...and they love mushrooms too...but yes, protein shots can happen a time or two a week.....

I am concerned though when you mentioned the descriptive enjmic and mentioned the eyes....are the eyes indeed aok or do they remain shut and such? Is their enclosure humid and warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.