Ok Some Fun Plant Trivia ….Who can tell me what this is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
The variegated cacti is very cool.
I can't keep carnivorous plants alive, and stick with the pretty boring stuff. It's what I know. However, love seeing what others have/know about plants!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Wow Jeff. They both are great. That cactus is too gorgeous. I love Bamboo. I have the kind that is sold all over the place in my house. There are some cold hardy species that I was going to get. They make great living walls. However, they are terribly invasive and didn't need that fight.
I think you are my brother from another motha, hehe, we like a lot of the same stuff. Flowers, plants, rocks, etc, okay, we are just nerd siblings:p :D

Barb ....not all bamboos are evasive....that is a many belief misconception. “Clumping" type bamboos ...grow outward like a "dinner plate" in a round fashion. Their rhizomes do not run a ground and throw shooters up all over the place. Hence they are much easier to contain and act like any other maturing shrub. There is also the dwarf varieties , which add that tropical look without the size . I simply dig the stuff and own around 14 varieties at current ...One of the most versatile plants on the planet
:D

and I know you like these .....;)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yagyujubei said:
Here are a couple of mine:

Very Nice specimens Yag' ......I have a few Bonsai's myself- Thank you for sharing your neat~o plants ! ....:D

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
1/ Pachypodiun Rosulatum 'Gracilius'
2/ Thai Socotranum Adenium
3/ Pachypodium Rosulatum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, loving the plumie pics. How do you do the bonsai? I had asked the same question at the flower nursery that sells bonsai, they weren't much help. Can I turn the ones I have into bonsai and do they bloom?
I don't want mine to be really small, but I would like to keep them at the size they are now. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.