Okay, This is a bit much- Matilda Twerking?????

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
My little Matilda, if indeed she IS female, is showing some, ah, uh "inappropriate behavior". I know I'm a non-judgemental type that "occasionally" gets judgemental but if you lived my former lifestyler life, you wouldn't judge either!

So, while we are working on my room this past w/e, Matilda had been relocated to the bath off my bedroom. When I went past her while fetching tools, I look down to see her "twerking"....WTH did I just see? I called Kerry over and she saw it too.... Matilda had her booty on the glass and, well...she was wriggling her butt back and forth......with a bigger turtle I would have guessed that she was digging to lay in or to lay eggs...but she didn't dig a bit and her tail was wrapped as she hopped from one rear foot to the other...............weird to watch.

Is this another behavior that is common to them but new to me?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
LMAO. Sounds like the hoochie koochie most will do when their back end of their carapace is scratched.
My leopards will do that if they walk under a branch and it tubs on them.
Hum, "hoochie koochie",
My imagination is running WILD ?? right bout now. . .

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My little Matilda, if indeed she IS female, is showing some, ah, uh "inappropriate behavior". I know I'm a non-judgemental type that "occasionally" gets judgemental but if you lived my former lifestyler life, you wouldn't judge either!

So, while we are working on my room this past w/e, Matilda had been relocated to the bath off my bedroom. When I went past her while fetching tools, I look down to see her "twerking"....WTH did I just see? I called Kerry over and she saw it too.... Matilda had her booty on the glass and, well...she was wriggling her butt back and forth......with a bigger turtle I would have guessed that she was digging to lay in or to lay eggs...but she didn't dig a bit and her tail was wrapped as she hopped from one rear foot to the other...............weird to watch.

Sounds like she was scratching, all turtles and tortoises do it. Here's one of my sliders lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow...that's a cool vid!

Okay...another new-to-me behavior....i figured as much.

I'm learning so much new stuff since I got Matilda that it's hard to believe I've owned Turtles my entire life, six decades!

DoubleD1996!

Memphis

My russian tortoises throw it in a circle when I scratch their shells

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
@jeff kushner my hingeback does the same. I read in one of wellington's posts that her leopards do the "twerking" when walking beneath a low hanging branch.
Mine does the same, he walked beneath the fake plant's leaves and did one step forward, one step back, quite surreal, looked like he was doing a little conga???