Old Man Humphry acting like a pig....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So I moved the old mans pen over to another part of the yard in front of the house so he can chow hound the new growing stuff (as he ate all of his yard goodies down so fast this year) well in this part of the yard when I water there are a couple places where the water pools and takes a while to soak into the ultra compacted clay dirt...well, someone thought it would be fun to wallow like a pig in the mud hole he designed.....he is now a happy coated mud pig and back into his hut ..which means later when I collect him he will get me all dirty too...lol

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
That's one of the best mud holes I've seen in awhile, You mean to say he hasn't taught you how to lead him back to where he belongs without being carried.

azkeyrealtor

5 Year Member
:cool: That is soooo sooo funny!!!! I carry my old guy to his favorite spots when he's done with his inside the house visit. He has two burrows outside and under the guest bedroom bed!!!!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Len he certainly has me trained...I am the carrying human...lol
azkeyrealtor Humphry usually sleeps in his brumating box each night in a cool dark closet...when the night temps stay around 60+ I believe I will let him go ahead and stay out at night as well....he has poor eyesight in one eye so I am always nervous to leave him out...but the few warmer nights he stayed out all night he was out by 7am laying in the rising sun...so I think he likes the independence to do what he wants in his schedule...lol
bigred I have had folks give their best guess at 50-60+....but there is really no certain way to know....he is so laid back..so mellow...so social when he is around people and he has such a wise feel about him...I can only guess though...

I first thought he was trying to dig out....dig a burrow or lost his mind because he has never shown any interest in digging....then the next time I set the sprinkler out I noticed he was wallowing out a pallet of mud...he is still covered in it....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.