Olive is an angel now

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
This morning olive had to go under for surgery to remove a blockage and unfortunate passed away.
Fly high little sweetie<3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Evidently passing away under anesthesia is all too common for tortoises. But sometimes it's just a risk you have to take. I'm so sorry Olive didn't make it. Did the vet fill you in on what the blockage was and how to prevent it, etc. Hopefully it was a learning experience.

Just a damn shame!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Olive. What a devastating time this must be for you. I too am Wondering what the blockage was and perhaps more people can learn from this experience as well to help prevent another tortoise having the same problem.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm so sorry for your loss

macky9326

Scotland
I'm so so sorry to hear this, I couldn't imagine what your going through, support and love from Scotland :(

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
He ate a pebble outside and it just wouldn't move. I'm devastated and so are the kids. It was such a shock to lose him.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I am so sorry you lost olive this way. But just know you did all you could and don't blame yourself. He was in your lives for a reason and you all loved him so much and I know he loved you as well. Big hugs to you all. Sending peaceful healing felling your way.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
I just lost my 14 year old Chocolate lab last week and I am devastated. Only pet owners understand that these are more than just dogs and tortoises. I am very sorry for your loss.

Scott

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Darn ole pebble. :( Sorry Olive didn't survive. *hugs*