Once again I'm curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey guys, once again I'm curious about something. Would a good way to give your tortoise some humidity be if you but your tortoise in his or her soaking dish and soak them but in the bathroom while you shower just have them on the counter or something. Then the steam will create some humid air?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought about that also. I am sure it would. However not sure if the 15-20 minutes would be enough. I have mine in high humidity all day. Also others that raises theirs the same way have them in high hum. longer all or most of the day.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I did what you suggested I do. I added the repti fogger into the tank to creat more humid area but I'm finding things are getting more wet and getting mold on the cypress mulch and ecobearth

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
While short-term high humidity is certainly helpful, long-term is better. If the fogger caused mold, you probably need to mix in more fresh air. Stagnant air is a real problem for many reptile keepers.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I use damp Cypress mulch. When the tortoise digs in, its in a humid environment. I also have a humidifier in the room the tortoises are in. I try to keep it above 60%, but difficult when its very cold outside as the moisture condensates on the window.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
tyguy35 said:
I did what you suggested I do. I added the repti fogger into the tank to creat more humid area but I'm finding things are getting more wet and getting mold on the cypress mulch and ecobearth

Coconut coir does not mold. Also make sure it is not food dragged around that is molding.:D

Bruuuuce78

5 Year Member
coco coir does mold but takes forever to do so.....to the original poster upload a pic of your habitat.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
yes, I bet they would love the steam, I know I do :D in addition to keeping some humidity in their enclosure....remember though that although humidity is good and necessary...there should also be a dry out spot...a shell needs to be able to dry out from time to time to remain healthy :D:D Just my opinion shared here....

Status
Not open for further replies.