One eyed specks

Mother_of_winkers

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I work at a pet store and will be adopting a specks hingeback we have had for several months, but he came to us missing an eye. We have had no issues, and i think it may be an underdeveloped eye because there is something white in the socket. Does anyone have experience with this? Do you think it will require surgery to close it for health purposes?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-180745_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-180745_Gallery.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211013-180235_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-180235_Gallery.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 20

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
I work at a pet store and will be adopting a specks hingeback we have had for several months, but he came to us missing an eye. We have had no issues, and i think it may be an underdeveloped eye because there is something white in the socket. Does anyone have experience with this? Do you think it will require surgery to close it for health purposes?
Thanks!
How is this one doing? I think the eye is the leastof the concerns with these imported Bell's Hingebacks- These animals, which ARE NOT SPEKE'S hingebacks are not faring well in captivity at all. Unfortunately the importer is calling them Kinixys spekii to avoid an import ban- Kinixys belliana, true Bell's Hingebacks, which is what you have, can no longer be imported into the U.S., along with Sulcatas and Leopards. Hundreds have continued to be imported illegally, unfortunately. Best of luck to you!