One (injured?) showed up on doorstep in Michigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would suggest you PM Kristina, as she offered to be of help in prior post and she is in Michigan and likely will know who you can contact to surrender Arthur to that will be safe and kind.

Please just contact her and let her direct you to where to turn him over to....by his shell condition I am sure he has had some no so great moments in his life and if sure would be a great humanitarian journey for you to be part of to help this little one out.....

What a great example for your kids to be part of that path as well :D:D

Rayvens3cubs

5 Year Member
Thanks Ascott, I just did leave a message for her. Hopefully she can direct me :)

I would much rather have the kids deal with sending him off to a great home, than cause an animal to suffer because we don't want to let him go! He really is a sweetheart (and busy!) and he deserves a happy future.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I did get Ann's PM (I was MIA for a couple of days due to shattering the LCD screen on my laptop) and I am more than happy to take the little fella in myself. Just for future reference, to anyone in the state of Michigan - if you need help, I am here. I have been doing reptile rescue for many many years. I also network with several other rescues in different parts of the state, so if I am full up or too far away we will find a place for your pet. You can also PM me for the link to my rescue website.

Kristina said:
I did get Ann's PM (I was MIA for a couple of days due to shattering the LCD screen on my laptop) and I am more than happy to take the little fella in myself. Just for future reference, to anyone in the state of Michigan - if you need help, I am here. I have been doing reptile rescue for many many years. I also network with several other rescues in different parts of the state, so if I am full up or too far away we will find a place for your pet. You can also PM me for the link to my rescue website, or click the link in my signature and be redirected from there.

Rayvens3cubs

5 Year Member
*UPDATE: REHOMING NO LONGER NEEDED!!!

Upon further consideration (not just reaction to some very stressful and unrelated life events), and careful discussion with the rest of the family, we have decided that Arthur truly does belong here, he was "brought" to us for good reason, and that we are willing to make it work, whatever that may entail......SO, we have officially welcomed Arthur as a member of our family! Not just a stray, not just a temporary "maybe it will work" kind of thing, but as a permanent, and loved family member. We may be new to the tortoise world, and our entrance may have been unplanned, and we may have to make some minor life and schedule adjustments to accomodate this decision....but it seems like we are willing to *at least* give it our best, and I'm really hoping that this will be a positive thing for both people AND tortoise. Welcome home, Arthur!

Rayvens3cubs

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Kristina--incase you have not been told this yet today..... you are awesome!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ditto to that one, thank you for your willingness to assist Kristina :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
hold on there Ann, you are pretty darn awesome too....you helped this little one out when he needed it..... good job :D

Rayvens3cubs

5 Year Member
Thanks! But most of the credit goes to my kids on that one. They have been very particular about keeping his box clean, keeping fresh food & water available, and making sure he gets plenty of exercise and interaction. It's been neat watching his personality shine through, after his initial shyness, and now it will be interesting to watch him get settled in for the long-haul.
I will feel better once we get back into town (will be in and out over the next few days, with a friend of ours house/pet-sitting) and can really get moving on more comfortable digs for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.