One of my leos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Despite the blown out whitening effect of my poor photographic execution at the time that obscures her head and body color, these are of one of my favorite geckos I have produced.

She is a Giant line SHTCTB Tremper Eclipse I hatched in 2010, although her snake eyes faded away as she matured (still has the genes). The pic was taken in January of this year, I think. Her SHTCTB aspects were selected for and refined by myself instead of just using another person's well developed line and taking credit for a lot of their work. I started with low-grade tangerine hypos and selected for body color enhancement/enrichment and more carrot tail over time. That was one side of the synthesis.

The other side of the synthesis was a hum-drum Giant RAPTOR that had mouth rot that I rescued and treated. I bred him to a Super Giant het Blizzard, Tremper, and Eclipse female after he was restored to good health. Their best baby was a Giant "pastel" RAPTOR poss het Blizzard. It end up being a male.

I combined this male with the second-best female SHTCTB het Tremper het Eclipse I had produced at that point. The best female, a Giant SHT RAPTOR, is one I ended up giving away before I knew I was going to move in this direction for sure.

The result is the female shown in this post. I have been working to refine this project further and sold the last of my many other geckos (Embers, Diablo Blancos, Giant Super Snows, and their byproducts, among others) that do not factor into this project this past year.

Future improvements included breeding for more size, color intensity, and to try to reduce the amount of influence the current Reverse Stripe genes play in disrupting a more full carrot tail.

I will take photographs of the other side of this project in the coming weeks. They consist of a Giant SHTCTB poss het Tremper het Eclipse male with a neat mark and a Giant SHTCTB poss het Tremper het Eclipse female, both of which I produced early on this year from a *second* independent line. My aim is to combine the two lines I have in 2012 and go from there.

100_1683_a.JPG

100_1685_a.JPG

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Wow, she looks great. Can't wait to see more.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
GiantSHTCTBhetEclipseposshetTremper_m.JPGGSHTCTBhetEclipseposshetTremper_f.JPGAs mentioned, these come from my second independent line.

1.1 Giant SHTCTB het Eclipse poss het Tremper

While the carrot tail level on these two is relatively unimpressive, both their sire and their dam had extensive carrot tail coloration, so they have the potential to pass it on.

The male has an odd pigment spot on his neck that is unlike most of the paradox spots I have seen on other leos (typically a dark mark on a lighter background).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.