Thalatte

5 Year Member
How do they look? The first one is Teagers he/she is the larger of the two:

image-2974493572.png

image-3258399969.png

And Maynard is the smaller one:

image-700358405.png

image-1275171819.png

The first two pics are Teagers, then two of Maynard, and two of them together.

Attachments

• image-1305395371.png
    image-1305395371.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • image-1557582769.png
    image-1557582769.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 95

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
They look good, to me! Good job and keep up the great work. Keep the updates coming. What's the weight/size?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I haven't measured them in awhile and never weighed them. I will be picking up a scale today and if I get back to town before their lights shut off then I will see what they are at.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I almost said those arent sulcatas...lol..they are really dark, or its your camera..they look really good..

Thalatte

5 Year Member
No they are that dark and I have no clue why. Teagers used to be lighter but Maynard has always been kinda dark.
Thanks everyone glad to know they are healthy at least in appearance.

Urtle

5 Year Member
They look unique and i'm sure they are healthy on the inside as well :)

Thalatte

5 Year Member
they kinda do but the cage has an 18in UVB bulb as well as the powersun MVB for basking. If I am home and the weather permits they go outside for as long as they can.

Measurements: Teagers is 249 grams and 4 3/4in scl.
Maynard is 217 grams and 4 1/4in scl.

I thought Teagers would be so much longer as he appears bigger. Quests it's because he is more domed and wider.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
How accurate is he Jackson's ratio? As it says Teagers is underweight...

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
they look great! have you checked or changed your bulbs recently? i'm told the UV output can diminish much faster than the actual life of the bulb light itself, but i'm not sure how to know.... maybe someone else can comment on this?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It depends on how long the bulb is used. If the bulb is used, say, for 10 hours a day, then replacement should be about 6-8 months. Btw, your sullies are beautiful. I had to look twice at the darker one, and thought could it be possible that they come in black :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
The uv diminish rate really only applies to the flourescent fixtures and the MVB bulbs are good for a year even with being on 12hrs. I use both and change the flourescent bulbs every 5months. The older bulbs I have stacked in a cabinet and will use on hatchling boxies(don't need as much UVB as they stay dug down most of the time [i switch for a new one when they are out most of the time]) or as additional light for fish tank, toads, geckos, and for the hibernation chambers.
Also great over indoor plants or gardens since they will still give a little UV but not a whole lot.

Thanks everyone. I kinda hope they stay dark through adulthood. Just think a chocolate brown sulcata! How pretty would they be?

Status
Not open for further replies.