Open call for moderator nominations!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I agree with every nomination above. Even Chubs ?.?? Everyone one of them have kept me hanging around. And you too Tom! I look forward to your posts.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I am not an expert or a long time member, however I do have the perspective of being a new member and reading all the new posts every day since I joined...

There are A LOT of knowledgeable people here. My thought is that sometimes new people who stumble across this forum are worried, confused and/or feeling guilt around their issues. This is where the kindness piece comes in. It’s always helpful to have a mix of approaches to educating tortoise owners, so my nominations include:

@KarenSoCal (she gives such detailed information in a logical and patient manner)

@Lyn W (she is so great with coaching people who are on her side of ”the pond”)

@Krista S (she is very welcoming and helpful with new members)

Like I said, I am new and not an expert, but I thought I would share my thoughts.

Most of all, thanks to all of you who give of your precious time to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of us. It has changed my little Russian’s life forever. (I call @Tom ’s caresheets “The Gospel According to Tom. ?)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Honestly...there are so many just great people that to try and name one is hard and kinda insulting to the people we don't name...
Yes. That's how I feel. But there's so many I can't think of all of their names. Also a question would be, do they have the time to do it. I think it would be a huge responsibility.? I'll be happy with any of them.

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
Yes. That's how I feel. But there's so many I can't think of all of their names. Also a question would be, do they have the time to do it. I think it would be a huge responsibility.? I'll be happy with any of them.
I agree, Cathie and take my hat off to all the mods and admin on here. I was a mod and then an admin on an entertainment forum years ago and it took up so much time although rewarding! So I appreciate the mods and admin on this forum and am grateful for all I have learned on here :<3:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree, Cathie and take my hat off to all the mods and admin on here. I was a mod and then an admin on an entertainment forum years ago and it took up so much time although rewarding! So I appreciate the mods and admin on this forum and am grateful for all I have learned on here :<3:
Yes they are very good. And even though I don't hang out on the more popular social media sites, I will here. It's real talk with real people about many different subjects. Not just a bunch of memes. I felt so welcome when I joined I stayed.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you all for the vote of confidence by putting my name forward - it means a lot - but I'd rather just stay as I am and contribute as and when I can. I still consider myself very much a beginner so I'm ruling myself out.

Of the other people suggested I think @KarenSoCal, @KristaS, @ZenHerper@Marobear and @Markw84 would all make great moderators. @JoesMum is also an excellent suggestion if a UK moderator is needed.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I'd nominate you...but you are on... enuf now...lol how about the chef or Jan A? Having Chubbs as a moderator would be fun and chaos
Thanks, Maggie, but Houdini is my first tort & reptile who I've had for just 2 months. I'm not qualified experience wise or knowledge. I"m just an insomniac who hangs out here. I vote for Chubbs though. He does know reptiles & torts, but he's awful busy with the spinning tunes.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi everyone! I am truly honored and humbled that so many members would endorse me.

Some of you have probably noticed that I am not as active on the forum as I used to be. That's because I have other issues in my life right now that are filling my mind, my time, and my emotional energy. Taking on an important responsibility would not be good for me at this time.

I really am sorry that this is the case, because had I been chosen, I would have loved being a mod! But I can't accept a position when I know I could not give it the attention it deserves.

So, regrettably, I withdraw from the nominations.

I believe any of the other nominees would do an excellent job as moderator.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
I know a good moderator and a great participating member are not always the best bet, but sometimes it is.

Perhaps @Tom ?

I mean every forum needs a grumpy old guy with a ban hammer, and since I shouldn't be allowed around any kind of hammer, I'm out of the running

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Im definitely open to it. I'm on TFO all day everyday anyways ? but I think @ZenHerper and @Maro2Bear are both fantastic choices too.
I wholeheartedly agree that @Toddrickfl1 would be an excellent addition to the mod team. He would add an element of diversification that I believe would be great for the forum!

I’ll say it again…we are so lucky to have so many valued members on the forum. I’m grateful for all of you, regardless if your name is mentioned in this thread or not.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I wholeheartedly agree that @Toddrickfl1 would be an excellent addition to the mod team. He would add an element of diversification that I believe would be great for the forum!

I’ll say it again…we are so lucky to have so many valued members on the forum. I’m grateful for all of you, regardless if your name is mentioned in this thread or not.
You would be a great choice also @Krista S

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Im definitely open to it. I'm on TFO all day everyday anyways ? but I think @ZenHerper and @Maro2Bear are both fantastic choices too.
All three of you would be wonderful. Along with the others mentioned if they are able.? I wonder how many moderators are needed. I guess the more members that join the more moderators you need. This reminds me of a tiny tort that winds up growing into a Galapagus somehow ?