Open call for moderator nominations!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
And then there's jsheffield, tortilus Len, etc etc etc!!!! There's so many people here that would be great ?. Maybe good questions to ask would be, who would have the time, could do the job of a moderator, and would love the job just to help out. Volunteers! How are we supposed to vote for one favorite or 10 geesh ? when they are all favorites?? I'd have to vote for anyone willing to give it a try ?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow, to have such problems(said in my late Jewish Aunt Ethel's best Hebrew-English).....you guys have MODS?

No suggestions from me, I'm a plebe....and know it.

I had a conversation with another member recently and I had observed that out of the literally dozens(my interests are eclectic) or so forums I've been part of for the past years.....this one was special because the mods are unseen and never insert themselves as mods, only as people. Just a thought to plant.....

Of course it helps that this is a rather "mature"(lol) crowd so in the single year I have hung around, very few childish acts, mostly from folks who did not have their expectations met (That's a nice way for saying they were thin-skinned) but most of them can be "rescued" once they calm down.

Everyone knows there is certainly an abundance of educated, professional talent here, an amazing amount and those folks will continue to contribute and make the site what it is. The amount of time dedicated by our mods is huge though, everyone should know that.....and appreciate that! I do.

jeff

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thank you all for the vote of confidence by putting my name forward - it means a lot - but I'd rather just stay as I am and contribute as and when I can. I still consider myself very much a beginner so I'm ruling myself out.

Of the other people suggested I think @KarenSoCal, @KristaS, @ZenHerper@Marobear and @Markw84 would all make great moderators. @JoesMum is also an excellent suggestion if a UK moderator is needed.
I agree that @KarenSoCal as well as @Cathie G would be a great moderators.
Especially since my #1 choice. @Lyn W has declined.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree that @KarenSoCal as well as @Cathie G would be a great moderators.
Especially since my #1 choice. @Lyn W has declined.
No I couldn't because I'm not qualified. I don't know how to link threads and the things it takes to really be good at it. I'm only good at being a welcome committee.

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
It is tough as a busy forum like this needs good moderators but it it a time consuming job (thanks to all the current mods and admin Yvonne who are very much appreciated) Maybe it might be worth asking the members "who would be able to have the time and commitment to do the job" and take it from there? Personally I would never want to be a mod again (even if I was more than a newbie) having done it for a long time on an entertainment forum some years back, so I get where those who turn it down are coming from, but I do appreciate all the work done on here and everyone who contributes, plus the fact the forum does need more moderators. Much appreciation to you all!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ooof.
I can sure pick them.
Thank you for thinking that. When I first joined TFO you were one of the first that answered. I really needed that. Just someone answering right away. I could think of you being a moderator before myself if you have the time ?

Humbug & Maz

Chesterfield UK
Thank you for thinking that. When I first joined TFO you were one of the first that answered. I really needed that. Just someone answering right away. I could think of you being a moderator before myself if you have the time ?
Yes! Would you be up for it, Ed as you would get my vote too!! :)

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I would be more than happy, and honored to become a moderator. I devote a lot of my time and efforts on this site in helping newbies and sick torts on here. I know how to link threads, work the site from inside out, check those who are online, just posting for the first time.. but I do not have enough people/friends on here to vote for me.
I am fairly new on here, but I spend so many hours a day on here to learn from the best to be a moderator for those who have never been on here before to reshape their tortoises lives for the better.

I have a beautiful Western Hermann’s from Chris Leone and Casey, who’m I also learn a lot from on their website www.hermannihaven.com. I’m constantly educating myself on here, websites, and youtube. People call me the crazy tortoise lady.
When I am not on here supporting, I’m out in real life helping tortoises in pet stores thrive, out at parks, even down the shore from sea turtles, to semi aquatic at my shore base.
I have donated towards helping sea turtles in florida lay and hatch. I have hatched 98 eggs hatch in Florida and safely make it to the ocean.

I go to reptile shows and speak with other professionals who spend so much time into reptiles and tortoises and how they got into breeding and their hobby. How to breed myself, in the near future and present my passion for tortoises at the reptile show in greater oaks pa.
My work thinks I am nuts about my passion for tortoises and turtles.

I have talked to Josh about possibly bringing back the calander here on the forum.

I check this forum religiously, anything I can do to help, impact the lives on here makes such a difference to not only me, but those tortoises that are in need for a difference in their lives. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would be more than happy, and honored to become a moderator. I devote a lot of my time and efforts on this site in helping newbies and sick torts on here. I know how to link threads, work the site from inside out, check those who are online, just posting for the first time.. but I do not have enough people/friends on here to vote for me.
I am fairly new on here, but I spend so many hours a day on here to learn from the best to be a moderator for those who have never been on here before to reshape their tortoises lives for the better.

I have a beautiful Western Hermann’s from Chris Leone and Casey, who’m I also learn a lot from on their website www.hermannihaven.com. I’m constantly educating myself on here, websites, and youtube. People call me the crazy tortoise lady.
When I am not on here supporting, I’m out in real life helping tortoises in pet stores thrive, out at parks, even down the shore from sea turtles, to semi aquatic at my shore base.
I have donated towards helping sea turtles in florida lay and hatch. I have hatched 98 eggs hatch in Florida and safely make it to the ocean.

I go to reptile shows and speak with other professionals who spend so much time into reptiles and tortoises and how they got into breeding and their hobby. How to breed myself, in the near future and present my passion for tortoises at the reptile show in greater oaks pa.
My work thinks I am nuts about my passion for tortoises and turtles.

I have talked to Josh about possibly bringing back the calander here on the forum.

I check this forum religiously, anything I can do to help, impact the lives on here makes such a difference to not only me, but those tortoises that are in need for a difference in their lives. ?
That's what it takes.?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No I couldn't because I'm not qualified. I don't know how to link threads and the things it takes to really be good at it. I'm only good at being a welcome committee.

Yes! Would you be up for it, Ed as you would get my vote too!! :)
Yes.
But there are other great candidates that also aren't in the U.S. Pacific time zone.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes.
But there are other great candidates that also aren't in the U.S. Pacific time zone.
I wonder how many they need and from each area. I'm sure the forum must be getting a lot of members and hard to keep up with.