Open call for moderator nominations!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get the community's feedback on who might make a good addition to our great moderator team.
I know these things can turn into popularity contests - which I'd like to avoid - so here's what we're looking for:
- someone kind and welcoming to new members
- someone with good general tortoise knowledge
- someone with great knowledge of how to use the forum itself
- someone who is good at diffusing arguments
- someone who abides by and upholds the community guidelines

If you know of someone who would be a good fit, please mention them below. If you'd like to nominate someone anonymously, send me a DM.

Thank you!
Josh

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HA! I don't meet most of Josh's criteria. If Josh ever made me a moderator I would have to behave myself! You of all people know: That's no fun!!!
It's not fun sometimes! Sometimes I push it too the edge. I know quiet little me LOL?
If I weren't a mod, and can't cross that line, I may have been banned by now?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
HA! I don't meet most of Josh's criteria. If Josh ever made me a moderator I would have to behave myself! You of all people know: That's no fun!!!
I was a moderator in the beginning, but back in those daze I wasn't the nice wonderful senior woman I have become ;)and unfortunately for both of us, Josh had to fire me. I'm tryin to make a funny here but I deserved to be fired then.
You? You forget I have met you and I was sick as hell at the time.I actually laugh out loud when you are accused of being 'terse'.bs! You are professional, respectful, funny and slyly sarcastic. I often have waves of regret about stuff...and being so sick while on a life time experience is right up at the top, and there's no way to replicate that experience. Anyway...done with the ?'ing a*s...lol...you are mostly boringly technical...having you as a moderator would be dull...
No way! I would move to un-ban you.
It's not fun sometimes! Sometimes I push it too the edge. I know quiet little me LOL?
If I weren't a mod, and can't cross that line, I may have been banned by now?
quiet little you (she screams)? how many noob's have you chased off...one just a few days ago as I recall...hahaha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was a moderator in the beginning, but back in those daze I wasn't the nice wonderful senior woman I have become ;)and unfortunately for both of us, Josh had to fire me. I'm tryin to make a funny here but I deserved to be fired then.
You? You forget I have met you and I was sick as hell at the time.I actually laugh out loud when you are accused of being 'terse'.bs! You are professional, respectful, funny and slyly sarcastic. I often have waves of regret about stuff...and being so sick while on a life time experience is right up at the top, and there's no way to replicate that experience. Anyway...done with the ?'ing a*s...lol...you are mostly boringly technical...having you as a moderator would be dull...

quiet little you (she screams)? how many noob's have you chased off...one just a few days ago as I recall...hahaha
I don't think that one left though and I stopped responding even though they didnt. If they would have read what was actually written, they would have seen I was agreeing with them.