Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Anybody NOT heard about this yet? For obvious reasons the national news media is not talking about it, but I think people ought to know about what their government has been up to.

Basically, the BATF allowed and encouraged a bunch of straw purchases of firearms along the Mecican/US border and facilitated the illegal movement of a bunch of firearms into Mexico. At the time this was happening our anti-gun senators and government leaders were preaching about how guns from the US are fueling Mexican crime. Their intention was to give credibility to a lie in an effort to get public support for their cause of more gun bans here in the US. Whistle blowers from the inside first called attention to this, but were silenced or ignored. Thousand of innocent Mexican citizens were murdered by criminals with these US government supplied guns. The whole thing finally blew up in their face when some "Fast and Furious" guns turned up at the murder scene of a couple of US government agents. The cover up and the refusal to cooperate with a congressional inquiry reaches all the way to the top.

The people responsible for this deserve prison time... or worse.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really have a bad memory (old age), but this sounds so familiar. Either I've heard about it in the past, or its the plot of a movie I've heard about.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
I'm never surprised anymore by the horrible things our government does to get us to go along with their plans. It's just sad that the people who try to get the truth out there are ignored or punished.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You know I have always asked this question. How were they gonna track the guns?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DreadHeadMomma said:
I'm never surprised anymore by the horrible things our government does to get us to go along with their plans. It's just sad that the people who try to get the truth out there are ignored or punished.

Me neither.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dmmj said:
You know I have always asked this question. How were they gonna track the guns?

That's what the lower down people who were ordered to implement this plan wanted to know too. The have no presence on the Mexican side to speak of and the Mexican authorities were not made aware of the operation.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
just wondering about the stuff they get away with, that we dont hear about. its called corruption. once in awhile they get caught but not much happens. sad

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I hadn't heard of until now, but by my reading it appears that the intention was to catch higher level criminals within drug/gun cartels, not to "give credibility to a lie in an effort to get public support for their cause of more gun bans here in the US" (I can't even find a hint of that on any reputable news source and it seems completely illogical compared to "get higher level indictments). Apparently, "gunwalking" was a tactic started under the Bush administration in 2006, but that did not lead to any actual indictments until after President Obama took office, and years after the initial operation using the tactic concluded (Operation Wide Receiver).

There doesn't appear to be any real dispute that Fast and Furious was mishandled, but it does not seem to have the agenda you assert, and the "cover up" seems limited to the idiocy of those that supported allowing the guns into the Mexican criminal system without tracking them, thinking that this would lead to higher level indictments. In other words, no one seems to want to take the blame for implementing the program, but right now the evidence seems to support that it was a decision made at the ATF level by agents involved in Wide Receiver.

All of those questions are answered with a little research. There really is a lot of information out there on this.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Lulu said:
I hadn't heard of until now, but by my reading it appears that the intention was to catch higher level criminals within drug/gun cartels, not to "give credibility to a lie in an effort to get public support for their cause of more gun bans here in the US" (I can't even find a hint of that on any reputable news source and it seems completely illogical compared to "get higher level indictments). Apparently, "gunwalking" was a tactic started under the Bush administration in 2006, but that did not lead to any actual indictments until after President Obama took office, and years after the initial operation using the tactic concluded (Operation Wide Receiver).

There doesn't appear to be any real dispute that Fast and Furious was mishandled, but it does not seem to have the agenda you assert, and the "cover up" seems limited to the idiocy of those that supported allowing the guns into the Mexican criminal system without tracking them, thinking that this would lead to higher level indictments. In other words, no one seems to want to take the blame for implementing the program, but right now the evidence seems to support that it was a decision made at the ATF level by agents involved in Wide Receiver.

All of those questions are answered with a little research. There really is a lot of information out there on this.

Shhhh. You'll ruin it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
It was on the news awhile back, then it was not mentioned at all since......

Status
Not open for further replies.