Opinions about outdoor enclosure

Squirts

Location (City and/or State)
Fontana ca
Hello we live in Southern Cali and we have a 11month old Sulcata that is very active. We currently have an enclosure inside our home but it's getting too small and we just built her that enclosure not to long ago
She's about a pound already and she's 6 inches Long. I wanted to start putting her outside and have her a bigger space because indoors we do not have the room for it anymore. And at night she scratches the wooden enlcosure as if she just wants to walk around.
We had the idea of putting her underneath the porch with some chicken wire to keep the cats out and have her lights on at night with her lil night box and during the day rolling it out to the sun were there is shade and sun. I don't know if it's to soon for her to be out there. Cali weather at night might get about 50 degree on the lowest days so I just wanted some opinions.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I think she's still to young to be kept outdoors 24x7. Temps would be way too cool as well. No chance of building her a larger indoor enclosure till she gets older?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They should live in a closed chamber until at least 2 years of age. They should not live outside until
10 inches.

Squirts

Fontana ca
I think she's still to young to be kept outdoors 24x7. Temps would be way too cool as well. No chance of building her a larger indoor enclosure till she gets older?
thank you for your reply. We will to build her something indoors. I thought she would be able to be outside but if she's to little I don't want to risk it we love her so we will have to find her a good size enclosure and find were to put it until she's ready to go outside full time.